NHL 2013 - 2014

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by technomancer, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

I think that the worst part is that everyone thought that the Habs were dead without Price but in the end, Tokarski did the job so we can't blame this defeat on the injury that Price received but by the fact that the best overall team won this serie.

Oh well, it was a great playoff run, hope for a good season next year.

And for the record, if Vanek ask for anything over 4 millions, let his lazy ass go lol

2. JayT

JayT SS.org Regular

Never liked Vanek.

3. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Not sure why anybody is surprised by Vanek, he played the same way he has for the last couple of years :lol:

It really did just look like the Habs were out of gas in that game last night, while the Rangers took it up a notch.

Hoping the Kings close out the Hawks tonight, that has been a fantastic series.

4. JayT

JayT SS.org Regular

True, Vanek is Vanek. At least Habs didn't give much to get him. They made a similar move Kings did, by acquiring Gaborik. However I have to admit that I was surprised when I read about it, I simply didn't think that Montreal was close enough to the Cup run to start trading the picks for rentals - especially with almost no chance for him to sign an extension. I like the confidence though and Habs are the best surprise of the playoffs. If you swapped Gaborik and Vanek I believe that Habs would have been in the Final and Kings would've been golfing by now.

5. MartinMTL

MartinMTL SS.org Regular

I'm surprised because he did a pretty good job in the regular season. It seems he just stopped putting any effort in when the playoffs came around.

6. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

Vanek only does well against the Bruins. Against anyone else, he's a 3rd or 4th liner at best.

7. technomancer

Seriously doubt it... who exactly would have been taking over Kopitar's role to set up Gaborik? Gaborik is doing well because there's amazing chemistry on that line, remember what a massive disappointment he was for Columbus and NY before that?

8. Gothic Headhunter

Gothic Headhunter Born on a Monday

Things are heating up after the 2nd period.

These semi-finals just have not been good for goalies. I mean, there was one game where the winning team scored 7 goals, and at least 3 others where they scored 4 goals. Price got hurt, Lundqvist sucked in game 5, the Kings have been making Crawford look like a chump all series, and Quick has been letting a few more than usual past him lately. It's like they're all jinxed or something.

9. JayT

JayT SS.org Regular

Would still be better in my opinion and the differences have been quite small so far. BTW I know couple of Rangers fans who disagree with your view of Gaborik being a disappointment while playing for them. He has two 40-goal seasons there, not too shabby. :) As for Columbus... it's Columbus, the farm where Kings get all these Gaborik's and Carter's from. Everyone has lowest trade value there.

10. technomancer

Awesome game 7 too :yesway:

11. JayT

JayT SS.org Regular

Piece of cake, like I said. :)

No, but I expected it to go to 6+ games, just knowing the Kings. Bets against them in games 5 and 6 were both good bets, but I didn't want to touch the Game 7, thought the market was correct.

Can't wait for the Finals now.

12. Pav

Pav ???

So the Kings are going to win this in what, 5 games? Maybe 6?

13. technomancer

That would be nice :yesway:

14. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

4-5 games.

15. Pav

Pav ???

I don't see much hope for the Rangers outside of Lundqvist possibly stealing a game or two.

16. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

Rangers have what it takes, honestly. Either way, going to be 6-7 games in my opinion. I like both teams, and no matter who wins, it's going to be a 'story of adversity'.

Kings: Reverse-sweeping the Sharks and getting to the finals by winning 3 game 7s on the road.
    Rangers: Coming back from a 3-1 deficit against the Pens after rallying around Martin St. Louis' mother's recent passing, and winning a cup for Lundqvist.

17. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

Yeah I honestly wonder how can people make statement such as "It'll be an easy one for the Kings, they'll win fast". The best team on paper haven't had much luck in most of the eastern conference series and I wouldn't be that surprised if the Rangers pull it off.

For the sake of it, I'll even give the cup to the blue shirt in 6 games. We'll see wich teams will play like they want the cup

18. technomancer

^ Pretty much sums it up, but we'll see. I don't think the Rangers will beat the Kings, but I don't think it's going to be an easy series either :2c:

19. Pav

Pav ???

I think the Kings are a much deeper team than the Rangers. No one knows obviously, but I'll be surprised if New York wins more than two. :2c:

20. Gothic Headhunter

Gothic Headhunter Born on a Monday

Glad to see the Kings won, but man were they playing sloppy in the first period. Is Voynov Chara's long-lost cousin or something? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.