NGD x2 Moar Parkers

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by 7 Strings of Hate, May 12, 2018.

1. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

So I grabbed the red 724 a couple months ago, and the 3 tone burst 724 a couple weeks ago. So these are the USA radial bolt ons. You can see my 824 in the tobacco burst next to them. It has the carbon wrap and the whole deal unlike the 724's.

So I would of course prefer 824's, but because of scarcity(and price), its hard to find them, let alone in a color you want. The thing is, the Maxxfly body is the absolute perfect body shape for me. The horn on the Fly models really does bother me, and these are exactly the same except the upper horn. I also find this shape be sexier than the Fly shape, but its just personal preference.

After trying a USA bolt on 622 with a floyd a few years ago, I saw the build quality was every bit the same as my Fly Deluxe and my Maxxfly 824. There is actually little difference in feel or playablity between the models. The neck joints feel about as non-existent as the 824's does. It feels like the same guitar but instead of doing a set joint, they made it a bolt on joint and omitted the carbon(and carbon fretboard). The even clock in at 5lbs (the 824 is 4lbs). All of them are as top notch as a guitar can get IMO.

They all have the full electronics suite, Custom 5 in the bridges, ssl-6 Flat Custom singles with a RWRP for the middle positions, piezo ect. I never thought too much about it until recently, but with them all having a push/pull pot on the volume to give you a single coil in the bridge, if you leave it pulled out, you get the exact same pup configuration as a strat.

I have the red 724 in standard, the 824 in C# standard, and the 3 tone 724 in B standard for a nice wide variety. And I currently have the trem locked(you can chose locked, dive only, or floating on the back plate) on the 824 and 3 tone, and dive only for the red 724. I really can't say enough nice things about these guitars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thraxil, bostjan, odibrom and 11 others like this.
  2. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Definitely some under-appreciated instruments. I gotta get one someday -- would love that they have the general Parker stuff but with the ability to easily swap pickups

3. 7 Strings of Hate

Thats a pretty good feature. There are a lot of things Parker purists will complain about pertaining to the changes. The fact is that most of the changes solved problems with the original models. Not being able to swap pickups as one. I know some people don't like the newer headstock. I personally like both, but its nice being able to hang these on the wall unlike with the older headstock. You need a thing called a bullwinkle horn to hang the older headstock(its a piece of plastic or something that holds onto the tuners). Trading the metal cord "trussrod" was also a good choice as well IMO. Stuff like that makes them easier to work with.

4. Ludgate

Ludgate SS.org Regular

Congrats, 2 NGDs are almost always better than 1. These have been way up on my want list so a long time now, and that tobacco burst isn't helping!

5. NickS

NickS Carvinite

HNGD! I haven't played a Parker for probably 15 or 20 years, gotta find one to spend some time with....

6. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred 80s Shred Riffs

Damn beautiful!! Congrats man

7. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

8. park0496

park0496 SS.org Regular

Sweet, the maxxflys look great! Does anyone have info/news on Parkers coming back in 2018 (per their website)?

9. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Pussy Melter

Their site/social media admin has been claiming their resurrection every year since they closed. Other than rumors that another attempt to sell the brand or relaunch in Asia fell through, no one is holding their breath.

park0496 likes this.
  10. 7 Strings of Hate

Yea, it’s not looking good.

11. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

12. Randy

Randy ROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOUROOMFORYOU Super Moderator

13. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

Is that all you could manage to type with one hand free? ;)

Randy likes this.
  14. park0496

park0496 SS.org Regular

Rev.. Have you played any of the PDF's.. PDF100 or PDF105? Are they decent?