NGD: Vik Duality “the Trascendence”

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Gango79, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Gango79

Gango79 SS.org Regular

Hi guys

This thread to introduce my new beast.

This is the second duality that I own. The first one was sold more than a year ago and it was a regret to have sold such a beautiful guitar. So I decided to start a new project.

This time I would like to have a duality with the same top as the one made for Nolly.

Vik replied to me with this top available:

[​IMG]

I did not think about it for a second.

The result is better than the first duality!

Specs:

6 String

Duality “the trascendence”

25.5" scale length

Set-in neck

Satin Finish top,headstock and body and oiled Neck.

1 Piece Black limba Body

Exhibition grade quilted maple top

Indian Rosewood Neck

Ebony Fretboard

Vik reverse modern headstock

Quilted Maple Binding around neck and headstock

Vik Pickups, Alnico V with ebony Bobbins

Hipshot Bridge

Stainless Steel Frets

Gotoh Locking Tuners

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guitar is completely hand made, no Cnc is used during the process of build. The attention to detail is very high and as always the woods used are of the highest quality.

The woodwork and construction is very clean considering that is completely hand made.

The stock pickup are Vikups Alnico handwound by kuletsky...normally they are very bright but in this guitar the bridge pick up has a low mid emphasis that I like very much .

I’m doubtful to replace the stock pickups with a set of Bkp Juggernaut.(that was my first choice)

The guitar has an attack similar to a bolt on neck.

2. Nlelith

Nlelith SS.org Regular

Gorgeous top, and I love how fretboard/headstock flow. HNGD!

Gango79 likes this.
  3. theicon2125

theicon2125 SS.org Regular

Wow, that top looks so 3D it's insane. And the neck binding being so figured really makes it pop. Congrats!

Gango79 likes this.
  4. Ben Pinkus

Ben Pinkus SS.org Regular

Thats lovely, HNGD

Gango79 likes this.
  5. GXPO

GXPO SS.org Regular

These are some of the best looking guitars I've ever seen. Shame about the #drama. :lol:

6. Gango79

Gango79 SS.org Regular

Yep! but I think that water under the bridge has passed. It is time to evaluate the luthier and not the person. And it’s clear that is still creating great guitars

Jacksonluvr636 and nikt like this.
  7. Power2theMetal

Power2theMetal The deal was rigged

OMG... That is an amazing top! I've been eyeing up his guitars second hand when I see them because they are so beautiful. I wish you the best of luck with that beauty for years to come! HNGD!!!

Gango79 likes this.
  8. Gango79

Gango79 SS.org Regular

Thanks so much..they worth the wait! And that top...my god!!

Power2theMetal likes this.
  9. Power2theMetal

Power2theMetal The deal was rigged

Agreed, Fantastic NGD!

Gango79 likes this.
  10. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Stunning! Glad it made it into your hands okay!

Jacksonluvr636 and Gango79 like this.
  11. bloc

bloc tha vagina finda

Really digging the shape and just how well the entire guitar flows

Gango79 likes this.
  12. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Let me start by saying absolutely beautiful guitar, glad you were able to get it with no drama... you are still in the minority. Vik does design and build beautiful instruments.

You mean the luthier that royally fucked around customers, throws random temper tantrums, and cancels people's orders if they dare to ask where their money went? Yeah you should evaluate that :lol:

The guitar designs are great, but I also keep seeing people making excuses for flaws or lack of precision in the guitars because they are "hand made". Bottom line is fine detail work is always done by hand, so this is sort of a crap excuse if something isn't right or precisely done. Hand built should not mean lower quality, and if that is the case it is a problem :2c:

13. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Yea, I don't want to crap on the NGD -- as I just the other day posted my own new Vik and both of these are jaw-dropping instruments. This one looks awesome and I think Vik's "home turf" is doing these all natural satin dualities.

But it should be known that Ryan Ferguson paid in full for a build more than 4 years ago, and posts on Vik's wall often asking for an update, and Vik is ignoring him while taking and fulfilling more orders. Elq never received his after paying in full, and after his guitar was used as a NAMM demo without his permission. A number of the group run guys have outstanding builds from 4+ years ago and their emails are ignored, while clearly new orders are being taken AND completed all within the span of their wait.

His values aside, craftsmanship stuff aside, is it ethical to pay money to someone who you know stole (and continues to steal) from someone else? That's for you to decide, but of course, you also risk becoming one of those people! So I think any NGD that shows an awesome looking guitar should also come with some disclaimer, especially to new guys who weren't around then, that there was and still is a ton of shady stuff going on. So I apologize for posting a negative-slanted thing in a NGD, but I think it would be irresponsible not to have both sides present. It should almost somehow be a sticky on Vik posts :)

To be honest, even after all the crap I went through with my own Vik custom order, I considered re-ordering after receiving it and having a slightly more pleasant exchange with Vik towards the end. And the increased output lately made me believe that maybe all the outstanding orders had been dealt with. Second chances are okay. But when I discovered a couple months ago that these things were still going on...even years later...well, I just had to say doing it would be both a risk and behavior I don't want to support/enable.

Masoo2, Jacksonluvr636, xzacx and 4 others like this.
  14. Gango79

Gango79 SS.org Regular

first of all thanks for the appreciation! :)
    I speak for my personal experience. Yes I admit that it’s difficult to deal with him. Sometimes the answers arrive after a couple of weeks. But in my experience I bought two guitars from him...and they arrived, maybe with a little delay but they both arrived. And I am a simple customer.

Everyone luckily or unfortunately has his experience to tell ... I do not want to do the one ho goes against the current and since I received the guitar, I don’t want to become the one ho try to exalt Vik. What I want to say is that now he is doing is work..we have examples of luthiers that disappeared,bernie rico, Black water, Decibel, Sabre...He is on business...And he is doing and delivers guitars.

about possible defects, fortunately this one is perfect!

15. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

16. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

Awesome, awesome guitar. HNGD.

I am however with some of the others in that I would absolutely never under any circumstances pay Vik money for a guitar up front.

Would I buy a used Vik if I had the extra cash, absolutely. That however, will be the only way I ever have one.

I have no tolerance for these kinds of businessmen at all. It urks me to even read some of the threads with issues that people have had with him.

You have brass balls to give him money BUT you are 2 for 2 so what do I know? I just know I am the guy with the bad luck that would get burned so I would never roll them dice lol.

17. Gango79

Gango79 SS.org Regular

Thank you to ruin my happy NGD Narad....ahahah :) .
    I’m joking...no problem mate...respect to all the points of view.
    I know the story of Ryan I asked him directly what happened...
    To be honest I think that all the outstanding orders had been dealt with a part from Ryan an the case of the guitar need to be repaired. I think that all the dramas are related to past orders when he managed his business in the worst way. I think things are changed.
    in any case we continue to have this idea of vik, but its guitars continue to be bought both new and used!

Jacksonluvr636 likes this.
  18. Gango79

Gango79 SS.org Regular

You bet Mate..I have two big brass balls ahahaha !!!!
    Thank you for the compliment! :)
    To be honest vik show me great professionalism. Yes the guitar was delivered five months later than expected but I think it's a justifiable delay

Jacksonluvr636 likes this.
  19. ikarus

ikarus SS.org Regular

HNGD!!! :)

So you got a this guitar ordered and completed in one year?

20. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

HNGD!

The Transcendence run has always been one of my favorite guitars of all time.