NGD: The SSO RGA7 Special

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Ordacleaphobia, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Just recently picked this up from what must have been another poster here; as this baby has allllll the SSO memes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You'll have to excuse the effortless photography; I'm actually quite sick right now. Otherwise I'd be playing the thing rather than trying to take pictures of it.

Like I said in the opening line, this is indeed the SSO Special Seven. This RGA7 came to me already equipped with a SD Nazgul / Sentient combo, Sperzel locking tuners, a hipshot gibraltar replacement bridge, Graphtech Tusq nut, a tone knob delete, and bareknuckle electronics. Someone also previously refinished this guitar in this natural, antique - style finish, which I think came out great. Looks much better in person than in photos.

What's strange to me is that the RGA7 seemed to get very little love from this crowd; in fact, I don't think I've ever read anything positive about the RGA7 in general. So it was strange for me to see one that had seen this much love.

Playing it for a couple of days, I am for sure digging this guitar and am super glad to have a 7 in my stable again. The neck comes with the standard Wizard II problems I'm not fond of, but aside from that, I have no complaints. The frets are solid, the neck has that finished feel to it that's usually reserved for the higher end builds, and the Duncans sound fantastic.
    Not sure I can comment on your typical RGA7 since this one was already pretty suped up, but from my experience here this can definitely be killer guitars.

2. beavis2306

beavis2306 Lusts for gear

That thing looks great. Congrats! Reverse head stock and that'd be perfect as far as looks go for me

3. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

that looks amazing.
    I wouldnt personally keep that pickup set in as I dont like them but everything else is great.

That Hipshot gibraltar is my favourite guitar bridge aesthetically at least as Ive never used one.

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  4. AlienProbe974

AlienProbe974 SS.org Regular

Shit man that thing looks sick! i'd wish my RGA7 looked like that than i wouldnt trie to sel it haha :p

5. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Yeah I was pretty excited to give them a shot because I love the Alpha/Omega set, and people say those are really just tweaked Nazgul/Sentients. So I think they're here to stay; for now anyway.

As for the hipshot, I haven't really 'noticed' it yet, so as far as I'm concerned, that's a great thing :lol:

lewis likes this.
  6. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

looks slick, very similar to the Iron Label version which I think looks fantastic as well. hope its awesome.

7. Ben Pinkus

Ben Pinkus SS.org Regular

Nice upgraded specs on it! HNGD

8. gingerman

gingerman SS.org Regular

Best RGA ever, probably... Congrats!