NGD: Taylor 314ce

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by Bones43x, May 7, 2011.

1. Bones43x

Bones43x Head Banger

It actually came Wednesday, but I've been too busy playing it to take pics until tonight. I had been in need of an acoustic for SO long.

I started on an old junky Oscar Schmidt acoustic 14 years ago, which I left at my parents house 10 years ago. I bought an Ibanez AEG20E about 3 years ago, but I sold it after about a year because I didn't like it.

I originally didn't want to spent more than $700-800 on an acoustic, but I figured I might as well go ahead and get something I'll be happy with for a LONG time. This is actually the most expensive guitar I've bought, to date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RiffRaff

RiffRaff SS.org Regular

I've played one of those before and they are beautiful guitars. :yesway:

3. yingmin

yingmin Parker ├╝ber alles

I just sold my 314CE a few weeks back. I had to look for the ding on the upper bout by the Expression controls to make sure you weren't posting my old guitar.

4. Bones43x

Bones43x Head Banger

lol

Mine is/was brand new. :)

5. jon66

jon66 Contributor

Bit of a bump here, but gratz on the new 314ce dude. I recently had the chance to play one while I was outta town (bigger cities are awesome for guitar shopping when you're from a small town) and I was pretty blown away by how nice they sounded & played.

Definitely gonna keep an eye out for one of these myself. Since you've had it for about 6 weeks now and the "honeymoon" period has likely worn off, do you have any buyers remorse or regrets, or are you still 100% happy with your purchase?

6. Bones43x

Bones43x Head Banger

Hey, it's been a while since the last post...I've been neglecting forums for a while so I can devote more time to practicing.

Now that the honeymoon is over, I still love the 314ce. It plays so easy, and I find it to be an easy transition from my Ibanez necks. The fretboard is about the same width and radius as my Ibbys, which is part of the reason I went with Taylor. It is thicker, but it feels nice.

7. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

Taylors are such a joy to play. A full-body one is in my future...so lovely! Congrats!

8. TelosHedge

TelosHedge Enjoys Chicken.

great guitar, best decision you could make. i have 9,000 electrics (not really) and ONE acoustic - a 414. i just dont need anything else for what i do, and i know it's got so much more potential than i'll be capable of giving it for a long time. beautiful instrument!!!