NGD! Solar Type E2.6

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by AlexCorriveau, Jan 2, 2018.

1. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau SS.org Regular

Me: I'm sick of black pointy guitars!

Also me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got it last week, I'm a little late, but there you have it! I has recently been hit quite hard by a GAS for an explorer shaped guitar because we all need at least one explorer in our life. When the site launched and the models were revealed, I fell in love with the Type E. After a few emails with Ola, I decided to pull the trigger.

The guitar feels solid! After inspecting it several times, I can say that Ola did a great job with the quality control. No finish flaw (at least, none that I noticed, if there's any, it's very very minor), no sharp fret ends, etc. It was set up nicely and there's no fret buzz. Despite having a mahogany body, it's quite light. Neck profile is a thin C shape. Very confortable.

The Duncan Solars have moderate output, sound bright and have a really clear notes definition. The guitar itself is also pretty loud unplugged, which is most likely a factor that enhance the clarity. Cutting through the band's mix was easy. I find the pickups to be very versatile. I might swap the one at the bridge for something nastier because I'm into br00talz!!11 high gain humbuckers, but I'd have no problem with keeping the Duncan Solar.

I got the guitar a week and a half late. Not Ola's or UPS's fault, communication with both was great. The shipping company that takes care of UPS packages from Montréal to where I live sent it in the wrong city at first. Glad they took care of the situation that quickly. It could've been way longer.

To finish, I'm super happy with my purchase! If the next batches of Solars are as good as the guitar I got, I feel that Ola has the potential to be a tough competitor in that price range.

Cheers to all! Happy new year!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Wolfhorsky

Wolfhorsky Regular idiot

Looks supercool. Congrats, mate. Nothing boring with black pointy guitars \m/

AlexCorriveau likes this.
  3. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

I was a bit concerned when glancing down at these two pictures one after the other.