NGD: Royal blue content plus friends

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by GXPO, Apr 9, 2012.

1. GXPO

GXPO SS.org Regular

Hi all,

I've been meaning to post this for a while. Had been waiting for the perfect first 7 to pop up for while, saw this and decided it was certainly a good place to start. There are a couple of sixes in the pictures that I thought I'd introduce at the same time. (sorry about the mix of quality in the pics..)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure the below doesn't belong here but I love the picture.

[​IMG]

The pickups are BKP Coldsweats in an Ibanez RG7620. I absolutely love the guitar and the transition from 6 to 7 was a dream. I got it at work and couldn't wait to plug it in. When I did of course it sounded awful, the pickups had such low output that I wanted to crawl up and die, after being confused and angry for about ten minutes, I decided to try a different cable...

WOW!! I was completely blown away, no more EMG's for me I think. The sound coming from the bridge was so crisp and powerful, I was worried about how BKP rate the mids on this set but the attack and note definition make it something pretty special, the neck pup is like liquid as well. Awesome. Tried to make it sound bad, dimed the gain and drowned it in reverb, still kept it's definition.

Back to the guitar, I'd never owned an axe made of basswood before and the lightness of the body compared to the LTD is still hard to get used to, but the neck and the trem were fantastic. The fretboard feels great and it just plays its self.

Funny thing is that now I can't play my sixers without feeling like something is missing... very happy. Cheers Snowblind!

2. Djentleguy

Djentleguy SS.org Regular

Sweet dude! Happy New Guitar Day!:shred:

3. Tarantino_Jr

Tarantino_Jr SS.org Regular

DAT PINK PICKUPS

This guitar looks amazing, happy NGD

4. GXPO

GXPO SS.org Regular

Cheers guys, can't wait to tremel-no it and start some tracking :hbang:

5. simulclass83

simulclass83 Yes, pancakes.

Looks awesome, I love me a 7620!

6. Robby the Robot

Robby the Robot The President Bits

Awesome NGD, but what's up with that beat up tele?

7. Skitzoification

Skitzoification Randall Die Hard

Ibanez with seven strings.........I'm still Pipe dreaming so far. HNGD man. :metal: How's the neck radius? I like the ones that are 350 to 400 MM, great for High Gain Chording. :D

8. GXPO

GXPO SS.org Regular

Cheers dude! My friends uncle was head of artist relations for Fender Europe (or UK, not sure..) and has a lot of old Fenders laying around, real players players if you know what I mean. My friend doesn't play guitar but thinks Ibanez guitars lack class, he's always throwing guitars at me to try and convert me and I'm more than happy to pretend.

I think the neck radius is 430mm IIRC, it plays great. The fretboard is flatter than I'm used to a makes for some seriously enjoyable technical playing. Chords between the first and fifth frets took a little getting used, it doesn't feel bad, just strange at first when you're used to small radius necks. It's certainly pretty special for my first 7. Literally the first 7 I've ever touched and I love it. :hbang:

9. Skitzoification

Skitzoification Randall Die Hard

oh, ok. I was afraid some of the Early RGs would be too flat for my taste. I'll have to try one when I see it then. :hbang:

10. Robby the Robot

Robby the Robot The President Bits

Gotta love those kind of people. :lol: HNGD none the less. Hopefully I'll have a seven myself soon.