NGD! RG/Tosin content (it's not an 8 string, don't worry)

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Bekanor, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Bekanor

Bekanor Renegade Folk Hero

On Tuesday night my local music store was hosting a clinic with the awesomely talented and super nice Tosin Abasi. After a great set and some hilarious Q&A they announced 30% off all Ibanez guitars in store. So I picked this beauty up for a grand.

[​IMG]

:agreed:

It's been a while since I've owned an Ibby guitar but I absolutely love this thing, the neck is super fast (I'm still adjusting to it after some months playing chunky necks exclusively) and the fret work is pristine. The stock pickups obviously have to go but they're definitely a step in the right direction compared to other stock Ibanez pickups I've dealt with (they lack both subtlety and smoothness), and also the finish is just gorgeous (I'm not much for purple and actually picked this one over the trans black one hanging next to it).

Oh and as for the Tosin content, he was kind enough to sign it for me. :agreed:

[​IMG]

Thanks Tosin!

setsuna7, leandroab, Tree and 8 others like this.
  2. bouVIP

bouVIP SS.org Regular

That's so awesome that you met Tosin and got a signature!

Also I love the color of the guitar so slick!

3. Vinchester

Vinchester SS.org Regular

OMG epic deal is epic. What an incredible sales strategy lol!
    Congrats. The build quality on that one is very good.

4. Bekanor

Also I realise I need a new blanky cover, I don't know what those stains are but I can assure you that I'm not a certified jizz cannon so it's not that.

5. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

I remember Tosin was warming up at a show I went to and I was too chicken to approach and say hi. Some other guy did and I bit the bullet and asked if I could get a picture. He obliged....and my flash failed me. All I got was an outline of him and his awesome, albeit slightly hipster, hat.

Congrats on the guitar BTW; best color of the lot!

6. Miek

Miek POSTING ON INTERNET

I'm sorry to hear that 30% off is still probably more expensive than a new one in the US.

7. Bekanor

It would be about the same once shipping came into the equation, or a negligible difference at worst.

Not to mention the extra cost of a hard shell case (the included soft shell case is nice but I wouldn't trust it in the hands of the army of incredible hulk clones that work for UPS).

Also it seems more and more distributors are cracking down on dealers doing international sales.

8. Bekanor

I think the red is nicer, but I already have the 827 in that colour on pre-order. ;)

I think the blue and the orange that you guys get in the states are pretty awesome but they seem to make the rosewood look pale as fuck by comparison.

9. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

Sweet guitar! Is it one of the new Premium models?

10. silverabyss

silverabyss _(:3 」∠)_

That's awesome. Sick score dude.

11. Bekanor

It is, they apparently only got them that day. First guy in town to have one woo!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting some serious play time on it this weekend (I worked late last night and I'm going to be out late having dinner tonight).

12. Xherion

Xherion SS.org Regular

Congrats! Nice git fiddle