NGD: Ovation TC Elite Super Shallow

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by Uno Mas, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Uno Mas

Uno Mas Greets With Fire

Picked this toy up last week. Very full deep sound when strumming chords, great for driving rhythm. A little weak when finger picking chords or soloing on higher strings. Very light guitar, modified my guitar strap so the guitar does not roll up when playing standing up like Ovations do. Strings feel a little crowded, I would say a player with large hands might have some trouble. Guitar has fantastic tuning stability. Top loader with no pins, though the strings can be hard to thread through the holes in the bridge. And yes the look, love the lack of inlays and the color is growing on me, I have decided to call him SeƱor Cheeto.

Attached Files:

Adam Of Angels likes this.
  2. Uno Mas

Uno Mas Greets With Fire

Tried the guitar on a Fishman acoustic amp and it really brought out some fullness with the fingerpicking and soloing. I have been A/B testing this guitar against many higher priced guitars and it has come out on top every time. Really great value, leaves me lots of money to buy accessories.