NGD - Not broken this time (Jackson Juggernaut Pro HT7)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Seybsnilksz, May 31, 2017.

1. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

TL, DR: Look at the pics you twonk.

So a month or two ago I found a B-stock Jackson Juggernaut Pro HT7, and the site said that it had slight traces of use. When I got it however, there was a crack in the neck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It also had damage right at the tip of the head, which I believe was the original cause for the B-stock status. My theory is that someone accidentally hit it into a wall, causing both the ding and the crack, but that the crack was somehow missed in QC afterwards.

After no response by mail, I contacted them via Facebook and they said that they had a lot of do, but that they would take care of my case as soon as they could. And they did. I sent them the guitar and they sent me my money.

It was a bummer for sure, especially since it was the only one in Europe I could find. Then last week I found another B-stock at another store and decided to take the risk again. After all this store had pictures of the actual guitar, and there was no cracks haha.

It got here yesterday, and now you want to see pictures! Way more fun than reading.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thankfully this wasn't broken, and the only ding was a small thing right at the tip of the head, but not on the front. So it's only visible if you look closely from the side.

What I like:
    This guitar has a lot of good design choices that I really fancy, all of wich were pulled off marvellously:
    26.5" scale - great
    Truss rod at body - great
    Locking tuners - great
    The thing reinforcing the upper horn at the strap button - great
    Luminlays - great
    The overall body shape - great
    The option to have the tone control or to bypass it - great
    Dunlop strap locks - great
    Handshake heel - great
    Big horn carves - great
    The buid quality overall is good, and the neck is a good fit for me personally. The neck pocket is great, maybe not what you'd get for 3x the money, but still great. The fretwork is good, no sharp ends. The pickups are good, but I'm swapping them for Juggernauts that I had in my previous 7. More pics might come!

What I don't like:
    I guess one nitpicky thing is a design choice that wasn't what I'd wanted, and that's the headstock. I personally like the reverse one more, both aestetichally and functionally.
    The finish isn't the best, as you can see some of the natural wood colour peek through the blue. The 13th fret is slightly high on the treble side, but I'm not sure that it's gonna be a problem after thicker strings and a setup. I don't have the patience to send it back again, so in the worst case I'll leave it to a guitar tech.

A thing I don't know if I like or dislike is that the neck is narrower than my previous 7. It would have been a problem if it was noticeable at the treble string, but in this case it's the opposite. Meaning that the low string is closer to the edge than what I'm used to. This hasn't caused any trouble so far though, so I'm fine with it.

All in all it's a great guitar, and I'm happy to have it as my main (and only) 7-string. I hope you found this information useful.

2. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Ah yes, the old "slight traces of use" - always get them to specify if they mean use as a guitar or use in some kind of construction context.

Anyway, glad you got sorted in the end, looks pretty good to me.

3. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Blackest Of The Blackest

Congrats man!

Glad this one is in better shape for you.

4. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Glad you got one without a huge crack in the neck, congrats!
    I agree with you about the headstock, I prefer the non-reverse version too.

Seybsnilksz likes this.
  5. SDMFVan

SDMFVan SS.org Regular

Happy NGD! Agreed on the headstock as well, that's the one thing holding me back from getting one of these. The version on the 6 string flows so much better to my eye.

Seybsnilksz likes this.
  6. AndiKravljaca

AndiKravljaca SS.org Regular

Absolute horror to hear about the crack in the neck - but as has been mentioned, 'slight traces of use' make my lips go into the shape you get when you suck a lemon. It's a gamble, and I'm glad there were no problems for you. I'm sure you're loving the one you ended up with instead! I looked at these, but ended up getting an SL7 because of the Floyd, and let's be honest, the headstock. But Misha's guitars are awesome. Some really good solutions there.

7. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

The neck pocket is tighter than the majority of USA Juggernauts I've seen :lol:

8. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

Well look at that!

[​IMG]

AkiraSpectrum and Zhysick like this.