NGD - My first acoustic, is Telecoustic!

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by Dayviewer, May 30, 2015.

1. Dayviewer

Dayviewer Mr. Djelecaster

Hi all!

I've been toying around with the idea of getting my first acoustic for a while now.
    And when browsing the web I saw this secondhand Squier Telecoustic that caught my attention.
    Having a electric guitar neck would make the transition a little easier and the thinner body also appealed to me.

So this morning I wen't to try it out and was pleasantly surprised, so yea I bought it :D
    Pics shall we?:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The seller mentioned that the guitar recently had gotten a setup which was noticeable immediately, it played very comfortable and I knew my way around it in seconds.
    The tuners were also upgraded and it did feel pretty sturdy for what it was.

Sound wise acoustically it's a bit thin but it's not something I necessarily mind, I actually like that it's not really loud.
    Plugged in it sounds pretty great though! Though I haven't ventured into the worlds of acoustics a lot yet this get me excited a lot.

The top had some dings and blemishes as it's 5 years old but I don't really mind as the rest is fine, and for the prize it was a steal imo (180 euros)

At the moment I'm recording my debut album and I will definitely re-record some of the cleans I did with this thing!
    Will hope to put up a clip in a few days ;)

And last but not least, the obligatory family shot! :
    [​IMG]

Harry and TonyGD like this.
  2. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

I never knew Squier made ovation-style electric-acoustics.
    Nice find.

3. yingmin

yingmin Parker über alles

There was a Fender version of at least the Stratacoustic, if not also the Tele. It makes sense when you consider that Fender used to own the parent company of Ovation.

4. Dayviewer

Dayviewer Mr. Djelecaster

Yea Fender produces 3 versions of the Stratocoustic and Telecoustic today ranging from around 300 to 400 euros, the Squier ones are discontinued and I don't know what they originally wen't for either.
    I think the concept behind these are great though, didn't know they were relatively unknown either.

5. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

Ah, I see. I never knew that before.

6. vansinn

vansinn ShredNeck into Beck

Looks pretty pretty. Looking forward to some sound clip.

With the term sounding a bit thin, do you mean having less volume, not full-bodied (like lacking mids and/or low end), or some combination?

7. TonyGD

TonyGD The (other) Dude

I have an older Charvette electric/acoustic that is similar to this. Yours definitely has nicer controls. The input jack on it got loose and I lost the metal fastener ring thing, not the washer (idk wtf the name for it is for lol). Was a b.... putting it back on and securing it but I got it, gonna clean it up and put new strings on it in, expect pics soon.