NGD Legator Ninja + BKP Juggernauts

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Thall My Circuits, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Thall My Circuits

Thall My Circuits All My Circuits

Hi all! I don't really post here, but thought it would be a good place to show off my new guitar and pickups.

I started searching for a seven string that suited my needs (hard tail, pretty top, etc.) I was looking to spend at least $1k, but for that price, I wanted a nice top and a hardshell case. I've noticed something with most 7-strings on the market. There's a huge gap on price! You have the super cheap 7's all the way up to $1k, and then it jumps to 3k! I really wanted the Misha's signature Jackson HT7, but I couldn't justify that price. After looking through many brands and models, I came across the Legator Ninjas. I was a bit skeptical because of the price and the age of the company. I found a local dealer and tried a few models out. I was blown away! I really enjoyed the quality and playability of the guitars. Yes, the legator's 1/8" veneer is nothing compared to the huge maple cap on the juggernaut, but it's still pretty.

To speed to story up and skip my broken ramblings; I ordered a Legator Ninja R 200-SE 7-string in the Aquaburst finish and a hardshell case through Red Dragon Guitars for a smoking deal. Not only was Red Dragon Guitars (Legator's #1 dealer) amazing (They gave me an amazing discount and some shirts) they also got the founder of Legator involved who has stayed in contact with me since!

After finally receiving my guitar and falling in love, I knew what I wanted to do to seal the deal. I went through The Axe Palace and ordered a set of Bare Knuckle Juggernauts in the Tyger finish with black bolts. It took 5 weeks to receive my pickups, but they were well worth it. My pickups came in this past Friday and I installed them over the weekend. I unfortunately had to take a dremel to the guitar and expand the pickup cavity to get the bare knuckles to fit. I'll post pics below!

ferret and Noxon like this.
  2. Thall My Circuits

Photobucket is being a pain right now. Here is one picture until I can upload more

[​IMG]

3. Thall My Circuits

4. Ivars V

Ivars V SS.org Regular

Sweet! Enjoy the new axe, man! :hbang:

5. Noxon

Noxon Is a Lurker

The BKPs look rad in there. Congrats. That is a beautiful guitar. HNGD!

6. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Blackest Of The Blackest

Congrats and HNGD! Looks good man

7. morbidus

morbidus SS.org Regular

I love the look of this guitar. I checked out that site also, pretty nice stuff.

8. JoeGragg

JoeGragg SS.org Regular

beautiful guitar man

9. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Death Will Reign

HNGD!

At first I thought it was an Agile...even the font on the headstock made me think it was, then I thought to myself "Man, Agile is spelled weird", then I noticed I can't read :lol:

10. Thall My Circuits

hahahaha!

Thanks for all the kind words fellas!

11. Konstantine

Konstantine SS.org Regular

Man, that aqua blue is gorgeous!! Was exactly what I had requested from Jeff Weasel, but sadly they spray painted the center solid white instead.

What's the neck profile like on it?

12. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

I have a normal Ninja 200 7 string (not reversed), so I'll chime in on this.

It is a very, VERY comfortable asymmetrical thin C shape that get progressively flatter as you move down the fretboard.

It's easily the best playing neck on a guitar I've ever played.

Happy NGD OP! Lovely top, the Bare Knuckles look excellent in it.

How's Red Dragon? I'm from NC too.

13. Beefmuffin

Beefmuffin New Boot Goofin

Congrats! That's a beautiful guitar. That's also an insanely gorgeous landscape you have out there. Totes jelly.

14. Thall My Circuits

Thanks for helping me with the. I'm in love with this neck! I'm usually a fan of C-shaped necks. Being a big guy, My hands don't feel comfortable unless they are full. Most 6-strings, and Ibanez Wizard necks, don't cut it for me. This neck feels like a flattened C. Not thin like a D, but not a baseball bat either. I think he hit the nail on the head with his description. I must add, Legator finishes all of their necks in satin, making them extremely fast necks!
    In regards to Red Dragon, that was the best choice I've made. They are amazing guys, they got me an amazing deal, and they offered to set my guitar up! I would suggest them to anyone in the NC area.

Although I live near here, these pictures were taken by the Red Dragon Guitars owner when my guitar arrived. I assume this is his back deck

15. skinhead

skinhead Manager / RHLC ©

Always had a "cheap" feeling on Legator guitars. Don't know why.

But this one looks nice, for sure.