NGD: Kiesel Zeus 7

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by juka, Oct 4, 2018.

1. juka

juka SS.org Regular

After reading all the Kiesel bashing here I'm really happy to report that I received an absolutely flawless guitar after only 4 weeks and had absolutely no issues with ordering, paying, shipping whatsoever.

Pretty impressed as I played PRS APs and PSs for over a decade exclusively and now wanted something completely different in design but not in quality.

Just saying...

Kiesel Zeus7 1.jpg Kiesel Zeus7 2.jpg

Dyster, Buthter, fps and 22 others like this.
  2. penguin_316

penguin_316 SS.org Regular

I’m going Kiesel in the near future too. I’ve had a carvin 7 for years now and while I buy/sell a lot of instruments the Carvin has stayed.

Just like at a restaurant, keep your order simple and it will come out flawless. Add on 20+ unusual spec options and you’re rolling the dice. At best you get what you asked for and it’s some tacky monstrosity, at worst it has some major issues with playability etc.

Should it be this way? Probably not, but the verdict seems unanimous on this one. I’m personally going Zeus 7 multiscale...probably a flat color like yourself. I’m really digging the Zeus design, I think they flow a lot better than the Vader’s and Osiris.

juka likes this.
  3. Glades

Glades Down in the Everglades

Congratulations, that looks great!
    4 weeks is a very quick turn-around time for a custom instrument!

juka likes this.
  4. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

Happy NGD, this looks great!

Did you have the option to order the Fishmans from the Kiesel factory or did you put them in there aftermarket?

5. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

There are so many details about that instrument that I don't think I would expect to like in isolation - headless, all black, the body shape and carve - but when you put them all together it's strangely classy and modern and I dig it. :yesway:

fps and juka like this.
  6. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

Nice! I used the pic Kiesel posted on this guitar for the colour I want from another builder.

7. juka

juka SS.org Regular

Thanks.

Yes, Fishman Moderns are offered as an option on several models (Zeus, Osiris,...) now.

Musiscience likes this.
  8. juka

juka SS.org Regular

Aftermarket I would probably have gone with an Abasi set and a 5way super switch.
    Fishman have published a very nice wiring diagram for that combo recently.

Musiscience likes this.
  9. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

That's good to know, I didn't see the option on their builder.

10. cardinal

cardinal Strat 7 Guy

That looks fantastic. Way nicer than any of the pics of the Zeus on Kiesel's page.

juka likes this.
  11. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Fuck me that's nice! I don't like headless or single cuts and I'd rock the hell out of this. See what happens when you use the under $2k rule. You get great guitars from Kiesel. HNGD!

12. FitRocker33

FitRocker33 My tone is tighter than my hamstrings

That is a badass guitar. And another satisfied kiesel owner to even out all the former hatred for em.

bracky and juka like this.
  13. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Nice guitar! Zeus still isn't my jam compared tot he Osiris ( I find I prefer double-cuts with longer scales), but the Zeus does look most "balanced" as a 7-string. They use the same body, essentially, for the 6-string, and I find that makes the upper bout too bulbous for my own tastes. I do with they have the Osiris the lower horn, like they did for Felix Martinez's single-neck-double-fretboard thing.

They are still testing the waters on these pickups, so for now they are a non-returnable option and they've kept them off the online builder.

14. Glades

Glades Down in the Everglades

They have them on the online builder for several models but not all. You can build an Osiris with Fluences right on the builder.

spudmunkey likes this.
  15. juka

juka SS.org Regular

Background is -as far as I know- that they have to route deeper for a Fishman neck humbucker than one of their own and that's not possible on some of their designs (like the Vader).

16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire self-appointed sso pickup tester

that's a load of shit, the fluences are basically same depth as the lithiums. jeff just likes to make excuses and used the fishman offering on the zeus/osiris models as a trial run to see if it was worth it to offer them. If he thinks it's worth offering them on other models then I guarantee they'll show up on the vader. Jeff is notorious for saying things and then backpedaling "oh we won't do 8 strings, we won't do multiscale, we won't do headless" once enough interest is shown. You'd think for someone who claims to like star wars, he'd remember that "only siths deal in absolutes".

17. spudmunkey

I don't remember hearing that the depth on other models was an issue...I do remember hearing that on models with the treble-side fret access scoop like the Vader, and especially on the multi-scale , that the non-angled pickups are too-tight-for-comfort to that scoop, or potentially interfere. not 100% sure on that...but i don't recall ever hearing that body depth on specific models was an issue.

18. spudmunkey

Honestly, that hasn't been the case for years. Perhaps when he first started with his direct communications that was the case, but he seems to have learned pretty quickly to not say "won't" or "never". Lots of "we'll see" or "currently there are no plans" or "Honestly guys, I haven't even started workin on [such-and-such] yet." He's been very careful the past couple of years to leave himself an out in case they do decide to do something down the road. Remember when Ferrari said they would "never" make an SUV? It's coming. Heck, it's even going to be a hybrid.

19. goobaba

goobaba SS.org Regular

Is that a rosewood fret board or brown ebony?

20. juka

juka SS.org Regular

HEY, WATCH YOUR STEP!!! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH JEFF KIESEL THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE, BUT DON'T MESS WITH ME!!!