NGD Kiesel Edition

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by tylerpond05, Oct 1, 2018.

1. tylerpond05

tylerpond05 Mormon Metalhead

So it’s been a good while (over a year) since I was last on here. Life has been busy and to be honest, FB and Instagram are much more accessible (due to mobile apps and tech) than SSO. I hope to be on here more now, especially since I have finally replaced my Ibanez S7320 that I sold to Sam Asha year and a half ago, that is still on their wall.

NGD!! Actually picked it up on Friday. Just been jamming since then. I won the raffle at Kiesel’s Frank Gambale clinic, that happened at the beginning of August, for $1500 credit and placed my order the following week. That was August 16th and got a 10-12 week wait time. I went back a couple of weeks later and was told that it was on schedule for beginning of November (which was awesome as this could be an early birthday gift to me). Got the call Friday saying its ready. 6 WEEKS? That blew my mind. My awesome supportive wife dropped her plans to bring the family out to pick it up. When we got there, Flock, the showroom manager, was super stoked about getting me a chrome volume knob with a pearloid top to “bring it all together.” The fact that the employees are stoked about MY guitar tells me that they really care about their brand, and most importantly their customers. What really surprised me was that Flock mentioned the Birdseye fretboard looked killer and I thought, “I don’t think I ordered that.” Looked at my receipt and noticed that I got just a maple board. So Jeff Kiesel, or someone on the floor, hooked me up with the fretboard and it looks awesome. I mean, it’s no master grade, but it’s really cool that they would do that. Again, Kiesel and Co. know how to treat their customers.

I know that some people on here have been wronged, or feel like they’ve been wronged, by Kiesel and I respect those feelings. This is just how I feel about my experience and how I was treated.

The WHOLE Family
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways, glad to be back and I hope to learn more and contribute more as well.

2. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

So, wait...to be clear...is this just, like, "Motor Trend Magazine: Car of the Year Edition", or is this an actual "Kiesel Edition" Vanquish? If it's the latter, show us that backside since "Kiesel Edition" means a 5-piece body and headstock. ;)

If it's the former, that's cool too. :) I assume you tried the Vanquish model before ordering, correct? What drew you to it?

Conrgats on the win and the NGD...and also winning the leadtime lottery. Ha!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Chocopuppet likes this.
  3. cardinal

cardinal Strat 7 Guy

That’s cool man, looks great. I like the Vanquish shape.

4. tylerpond05

The former. I guess I forgot about the Kiesel Edition Kiesel guitars. I was able to try most of their shapes and it came down to the Vanquish and the Osiris. I would have gone the Ultra V or the other pointy shape, but those don't come in 7's, at least not that I saw. I also wanted to be able to hang it on a wall sometime soon and am not able to get the full body hanger up where I want to hang it. But I am in love and will prolly save-up/sell some stuff to get an Osiris. Or 2. Or some used ones.

5. spudmunkey

Very cool. They actually used to have a 7-string version of their Ultra V available for about a year, but retired it pretty quickly do apparently to low demand.

Hollowway likes this.
  6. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel Member Of The 27" Club

Normally, that shape doesn't do it for me, but it looks nice as hell here. And that finish!! Happy NGD!

7. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Very nice man, congrats. You have an awesome family! And yeah a lot of people have had a shitty past with them before, if they focus on more positive vibes and making their customers happy like you feel they'll do great moving forward. HNGD!

8. JimF

JimF SS.org Regular

I hated that shape when it came out but this looks phenomenal! Great story too!
    I’ve been jonesing for 7 String Vader for some time now.

9. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

HNGD! Welcome to the Vanquish 7 club, we are a very small club lol.

10. Glades

Glades Down in the Everglades

Congratulation on the beautiful family and guitar!

I love Kiesel's 2x5 headstock! I ordered one on my S7X. I ordered my guitar 3 weeks ago.

And welcome back to SSO.

11. icipher

icipher SS.org Regular

Looks awesome. Very cool you got to play it before buying it. Enjoy.

12. tylerpond05

I didn’t play this exact one. I was just able to play all of their in-stock guitars and get a feel for all of the options that they offer. They had a gold sparkle-to-black sparkle burst Vanquish 7 string, but it had the regular neck profile, that was just a tad too big for me. Anyways, thanks.

13. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

I dig the Vanquish shape but my girlfriend hates it. :lol:

TimmyPage likes this.
  14. spudmunkey

I go back and forth on it. Now that I think about it, I think the ones that appeal to me most are the sort of "retro" or "vintage" style finishes.

15. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

I'm on and off about it, and I own one. It's my main 7. I'm not so sure I like the look of it, but I really enjoy the overall feel of it. Some angles it looks good, and some angles it looks so wrong lol.

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  16. tylerpond05

If I get another one (which would be after I get an Osiris and Aries) I want to get the Surf Green or their vintage white.

17. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

I was thinking about ordering an Ultra V7 myself, and noticed they’d 86’d the design. Ah, well.

Cool you got a BEM FB, but I’m willing to bet they didn’t purposely hook you up. It was probably an error - but to your advantage. Which is still awesome!

If your GAS is anything like mine, the looks in your kids’s eyes don’t reveal that you’re holding their college fund. :lol:

18. tylerpond05

Fortunately, they have awesome grandparents who donate to a college fund, as well as parents who contribute as much as they can. GAS is bad, but my wife definitely keeps me in check.

19. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Mine, too. I'd be a trainwreck - with everything - if she wasn't always smacking me back in line!

20. spudmunkey

Yeah, the Ultra V7 an the X227 were axed in January. same time as the JB207 (the 7-string Jason Becker "Bluey"-inspired model) and the HH7 (Holdsworth Headless 7-string).

On the BEM, One time I was at Burger King and ordered fries. I got two onion rings in the package, and I said i "got hooked up". :lol:

I'd assume it was one of those pieces that has SOME birdseye, but maybe just not enough to actually sell it as such. I don't know if they count eyes, or if there's some arbitrary determination based on "this feels more figured than plain". I used to have a Strat that was supposed to just have a plain maple fretboard, but there were about 50 decently-sized birds eyes. It was gorgeous, but not as many eyes as another Strat I had with a BEM fretboard, or my Carvin AC375 with a BEM fretboard. It's also entirely possible it was a mistake, or that they ran out of already-out-of-the-kiln plain maple that was ready when they needed it for the guitar. I remember one time in a video, Jeff was laying out K-series tops with his stencil. The customer requested a 5A flamed maple top which was the standard on that model...but they didn't have any ready, so he went into his storage room and pulled out a "master grade" top.