NGD Jericho Edge 6 NT Standard Transparent Black (Used)

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by InvertedEarth, Mar 5, 2018.

1. InvertedEarth

InvertedEarth SS.org Regular

https://reverb.com/item/10562905-jericho-edge-6-nt-2017-black-transparent

Just placed this order and I am beyond stoked! I had everything filled out last night up until the "Complete Order" button but was on the fence about. I decided to sleep on it before making a decision. Woke up in the middle of the night, and "slept bought" it and went back to sleep. Woke up this morning for work and saw the emails for my purchase. I've been bouncing off the walls all day! I need it to be here NOW!

It comes equipped with BKP Juggernauts with the bulb engraving (not too crazy about it honestly, nothing against misha, just not my style) so I'm really curious as to the type of tone that I'm going to get out of it. After owning multiple Ibanez's, this was my first time buying a guitar without playing it first.

I will post pictures of it when it does arrive. That is after I set it up to my liking and give it a nice detail.

mikah912, Gio18, mystix and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gio18

Gio18 SS.org Regular

It looks sick as hell with those pickups

mikah912 likes this.
  3. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

Sweet. Is it the 25.5 or 27 inch scale length version?

I have a Jericho Elite. Pretty nice guitar overall, though there were some quality issues with mine (bought directly from Jericho).

4. deluxeg

deluxeg SS.org Regular

What issues did you have with yours? I just got the Classic 6 direct from their site and overall it's really nice except the neck pickup mounting ring is kind of buckled and not sitting flat and some of the frets have kind of like a rough patch on them. Overall though it is a very nice guitar.

5. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

Neck pickup routing wasn't straight. Screw holes also weren't in straight. The whole pickup was sitting at an angle (i.e. not perfectly perpendicular to the strings).

Under the pickups, lots of cheap foam offshoots which moved around and both pickups ended up being tilted in wonky directions. A very minor thing, but seemed lazy/careless.

Soldering quality inside was pretty poor - again, it felt hastily done. I was getting a couple incidents of the sound cutting off. I had a tech re-do the wiring and it's been fine ever since.

Fretwork on mine was fantastic - easily on par with a much higher quality guitar. The setup was fantastic too - super low action, no fret buzz, perfect intonation, right out of the box.

Overall, not bad. They're made in Korea - same World Musical Instruments factory as PRS SE, LTD etc. Supposedly finished and wired in the US. I don't expect perfection for a high-spec guitar at such a competitive price point, but I felt like it was silly things (foam in pickup cavity etc) which let it down.

6. xwmucradiox

xwmucradiox sweep.tap.sweep

I had this same model for a bit but ended up flipping it away because I liked my other baritones quite a bit more and the super thin neck wasn't working for me. Jericho is making quality guitars that are more in line with what modern small builders are putting out which is nice.

7. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Congrats I've got a Jericho Fusion 7 which is really nice!

8. nistley

nistley SS.org Regular

Walnut + maple? This is going to be very bright, I hope the bassy Juggernauts help to balance it out.

Looks pretty sweet though.