NGD- Jackson JS22-7 DKA M

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by goobon, Feb 27, 2018.

1. goobon

goobon SS.org Regular

Welp, after a while I decided to bite the bullet on the Jackson JS22-7 after I failed to find any decent examples of an Ibanez RG 7 string in the price range. Either way, I'm happy with the purchase and I'm hype to do some work on this thing. It's my first 7 and I'm looking forward to progressing as a musician with it. I've got a couple plans for it, gonna start with getting some new PUPs as the stockers are pretty garbage. Gonna look for a decent, fairly cheap zebra set as I think it'd look awesome with the maple fretboard, which I'm also gonna do a couple coats of tru oil on. Anyways, happy NGD to me![​IMG]

pastanator, Triple-J, zarg and 2 others like this.
  2. cardinal

cardinal Strat 7 Guy

Those look great. Have fun!

goobon likes this.
  3. zeropoint

zeropoint SS.org Regular

I put some Seymour Duncan invaders in mine, just because it's what the local shop had in for 7's at the time. Probably not my favorite pickup but it was a MASSIVE improvement. These guitars are awesome for the price, I wouldn't think twice about getting one as a first 7 - it wasn't my first but I like it better than some guitars I've had that are 3-4 times the price.

4. goobon

goobon SS.org Regular

Heard that one a fair bit. The neck is really comfortable, but the longer scale length and flatter radius are gonna take me some getting used to haha. Gotta take care of some of the sharp fret edges, but there aren’t any that are too horrible with it. Came set up with nice action and intonation from the factory, which is always good. Shoutout to Huang in China who did the QC on it lmao. Thing definitely needs some work before it’s perfect, these tuners have got to go and I’d also like to get a Graph Tech nut for some better tuning stability. Generally excited all around to mess with this thing though.

5. zeropoint

zeropoint SS.org Regular

Yeah, I forgot about the tuners to be honest. Veeeeeeeeeery touchy. I never got around to ordering any replacements for mine, but that's a good reminder that I should.

goobon likes this.
  6. Triple-J

Triple-J the Experimetalist

the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
    Congrats man, I really believe the js22/32 are the best entry level/modder 7's out there I put a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Full Shred in the neck upgraded the tuners/switching on mine and I couldn't be happier.

Zoobiedood likes this.
  7. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

imgur is not cooperating :(

Hope it plays and looks great!

goobon likes this.
  8. TheUnknownOne

TheUnknownOne SS.org Regular

I'm planning to buy that one soon ! Saw it for 200€ in a shop nearby :D

goobon likes this.
  9. goobon

goobon SS.org Regular

I couldn't be happier with the finish for the price. Neck and fretboard look awesome and the gloss black is much better than the paint on my SG. There’s a couple small things that bother me, but it’s nothing that hinders playability or anything.