NGD: Jackson Custom Shop 7 String! (56k = Arrow in the knee)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by bulb, Dec 8, 2011.

1. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

So this one did not take long to get finished up/arrive here!
    I have to say, working with Jackson has really raised the bar with their artist service. They really are extremely easy to work with, and very nice dudes all around, and they work fast without sacrificing quality!

For those of you who haven't caught the build thread, this guitar was a bit of a different approach and a bit of an experiment because i had noticed a pattern that all of my favorite guitars for recording seemed to have Basswood bodies and Bolt-on maple necks.
    Since Basswood isnt the prettiest wood, i figured this would be my chance to also get a more minimalist look by just getting a flat finish, and being the lover of blues and cars that i am, i figured Laguna Seca blue would be perfect (and they nailed it!)

So did my experiment work?
    Im sure it has to do with the overall quality of the parts and the level of attention put into the fit and finish of the guitar, but this guitar was a resounding success. The guitar has a ton of attack, and when it comes to rhythm tones, it sits somewhere in between the pissed off sound of the Daemoness and the purry warm chords of Nolly's ViK.
    The guitar actually surprised me with how big the low mids were, as i was expecting it to sound a bit thinner, but i think the fact that the body is so thick on the instrument allows for it to have those frequencies, and that really makes it sound big on chords!

The action is stupidly low and it plays absolutely effortlessly (as it should!) and the attention to detail on the "P" inlay is just the icing on the cake!
    I have only one qualm with the guitar, because of the thick body and the fact that i didn't specify what kind of heel i wanted (i am usually not picky) the heel on the guitar is absolutely massive and square, and it makes the access to the highest frets a bit awkward.
    I told Jackson that and they said they had noticed the heel was a bit on the huge side themselves, and that once im done with the album recording sessions they would be happy to contour it for me!

So with that said, i am really excited to have this in time for guitar tracking for the new album. This alongside with the Daemoness, Decibel, Strandberg and ViK will allow for the ultimate range of tones for the recording, and this one will also absolutely shine as a live guitar, so i should be taking this with me on the Dream Theater tour as well!

Anyways enough talk, here are some pics! (On a quick side note, this color is damn hard to shoot, it throws the color sensors on my dslr way off with its intense blueness, but i tried to capture it as best as i could)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rojne

Rojne Köttbullar är fint..

Looks awesome man, can't wait to hear it on the upcoming album! :D

3. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

Super duper nice! Jackson came through!

4. maliciousteve

maliciousteve Lord Green Fingers

I think that maybe the quickest turn around for an artist in the history of Jackson :lol:

It does look cool too. Got any pics of the heel?

5. aWoodenShip

aWoodenShip Great Job, Jeremy.

You glass bitch, you took my next 56k joke. Haha guess I'll have to log more hours to find another one. Other than that, fucking boss guitar. Really loving the color.

6. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

the color contrast is sweet. looks aggressive as hell. love the fret board and inlay work too.

7. drmosh

drmosh Sir Paul of the Mosh

Looks awesome!

And actually, I would think twice about contouring the heel since it might add to the tone. Paul Gilbert now swears by using the old style ibanez heel rather than the new AANJ. Anecdotal I know, but I wouldn't want your guitar to change in tone.

Also, screw the basswood haters. I love the sound of it

8. Metal_Webb

Metal_Webb Needs more strings

Good to see Jackson didn't just give you a sweetroll.

Sick guitar, nice clean, minimal lines. Very nice :hbang:

9. Sir Applesauce

Sir Applesauce Nerfherder

Haha, epic guitar man.
    Pity about that heel.

First I get trolled via youtube video by you, then I see this. Best laughs I've had in a while, other than moonwalking dragons.

Got an RG7620 and an RGD on the way,
    still deciding on pickups (pretty keen on crunch labs in both)
    Not exactly making enough money to get a new custom guitar every few days.

10. Alekke

Alekke Octopus Djentalis

fingerboard is great, but the heel is monstrous

11. Zerox8610

Zerox8610 SS.org Regular

Yo Misha could you post pics of the back of the guitar?? I just wanted to see the neck joint that you were talking about haha

But DAMN that thing looks nice. I do love me some Jacksons... kinda surprised you went with them this time around

12. mat091285

mat091285 SS.org Regular

sweet stuff! Which DSLR did you use to take these photos? they look amazing!

13. Loomer

Loomer Comfortably Dumb

That's a happy lookin' brown dude right there! But then again, who here among us wouldn't be just as cheerful in that situation?

Nice guitar though, very nice indeed. Apart from the color it'd be pretty close to what I would spec out for myself, if given free reign.

14. mr_ormus777

mr_ormus777 Grey Alien

Congrats Misha, looks beautiful, must sound like the GODS!!!

15. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

I used a Canon 60D with an 18-135mm lens for all the pics except the one of me which my manager Jan took with his T3i and an 18-55mm i believe.

16. Kurkkuviipale

Kurkkuviipale Another Sinking ....

And If I remember correctly Finland was the first gig of DT tour so I will be seeing this one first :fawk: (You better play it there...)

17. eventhetrees

eventhetrees What's a Panini?

That guitar is beautiful. Want.

18. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Wicked inlays!!! Nice to read you in Guitar World now.
    I thought you were getting the EMG Het-set in one of your ordered Jacksons?
    These wouldn't look quite right with those anyways lol. Happy NGD

19. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Wooowaweewah

20. georg_f

georg_f SS.org Regular

I HAAAAAAATE YOUUUUU!!! LOLZ

insanely cool guitars