NGD- It arrived and I love it!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by BMO, Mar 7, 2018.

1. BMO

BMO Geetarist

Hey guys! So earier last week I posted about how I bought a second stock Ibanez RGIB6. Well it paid off! Just showed up about 10 minutes ago and it has what looks like no issues. I tested every note up and down the neck and everything rings out properly (less across the board really high up but it’s a thick string sound rather than a twisted neck/deadspot sound this time around). It’ll need a proper setup of course as I hate D’addario strings and love me some Ernie Ball strings! It seems maybe a slight fretjob is in order, but any unevenness in the frets is negligible soundwise and is purely cosmetic in my opinion with this. I’m happy! And here’s the pics, they’re too large to upload onsite so I have to post a link (and they’re kinda lazily shot which I apologize for, I’m groggy because nightshift and haven’t slept as this needed a signature upon arrival)

https://imgur.com/a/MXA99

2. BMO

BMO Geetarist

PS: can’t see the finish flaw on the back at all, but there’s alot of microscopic swirling so my assumption is someone might’ve maybe buffed the finish wrong before it got shipped overseas.

3. Herrick

Herrick Hello Mangs

Very nice!

4. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

I really want to try those baritone RGs since they can do low tunings very well. The EMGs may or may not be fit for my taste but I'll see when I try one.
    Disagree on your choice of strings though, but other than that everything looks okay.

5. BMO

BMO Geetarist

It's a really nice guitar for sure! And if you don't like EMGs I'd recommend Fishmans if you ever get one of these! As for the strings, I prefer EB for many reasons but my main one is I have sweat that causes strings to corrode quick. Any other strings, D'addarios especially don't even last a week or even a day for me sometimes. EBs get me a couple weeks before having to change out strings.

6. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

The Fluence technology interests me a lot since the multiple voicings due to the passive/active switch makes one guitar have many tones. It might be too much options for me though, so I'll probably just stick to regular passive pickups. And for the strings, I had a pack of EB on one guitar and it turned black after a week while my D'Addario lasted its tone and feel for at least three months, it might something to do with my country's all-year humid climate. I also put string conditioner on it every time I play or finish playing.

7. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

NYXLs are the first strings I've used that survived a humid Japanese summer and the cold dry winter (different sets; no I did not keep the same strings on for 9 months but performance never really changed). I still get surprised when I come home on a day with shitty weather and my guitars are somehow in tune. It's magical.

couverdure likes this.
  8. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

NYXL’s and Ernie Ball Cobalts are worth it for how long they last. I won’t buy regular nickel anymore. I don’t play enough to be changjnbstrings weekly/biweekly regardless of use.