NGD Ibanez RGIB6

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by Sam R, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Sam R

Sam R SS.org Regular

So I've seen these around and fell in love with them the first time I picked one up, so I decided to add one to my collection and couldn't be happier. The thing came intonated and set up very well right out of the box and after maybe 15 seconds of tuning, I was plugged in and having a whole lot of fun. The 28 inch scale works extremely well in my opinion and allows for thick strings and low tunings to become trivial, and personally, I love the aesthetic.

The only weak(ish) point/complaint I have with this instrument is the tuners. They hold tuning well, but are not too responsive to turns which can be frustrating, but this is a fairly easy/affordable issue to fix.

The neck feels alot like a Schecter to me, being thicker than a normal wizard neck, but not too thick. Feels really nice to play and for 699$, I am very impressed. This is my first Ibanez and probably won't be my last. For anyone looking into these guitars, my advice is to go for it. I'm hoping for some differant color/finish options to be offered at somepoint just to give me an excuse to buy a second one.

Attached Files:

2. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

congrats....nice looking guitar!

also, welcome :yesway:

3. blacai

blacai SS.org Regular

Nice one and welcome :)
    GAS is calling me hard with RGs lately u_u

4. Gram negative

Gram negative Christopher Horton

I keep wanting to buy one of these. I have a question for you:

How does the EMG bridge pickup sound when you are tuned to B or A? I have never heard an 81 under those conditions, and the demos i have seen...it sounds a bit muddy.

Ibanez has started putting locking tuners on their Iron Label guitars now. And I think that is a great idea. I find it silly to have EMG pickups, a great neck, great bridge and crap tuners. It's like..."lets upgrade everything, BUT".

Play the hell out of it. Happy NGD.

5. Sam R

Sam R SS.org Regular

I have it in drop A right now, and it can get a little muddy with big chord voicings and such. There are people who use the EMG 81 as low as A on a 25 1/2 inch scale and get away with it (Jim Root from Slipknot being an example) but on a 28 inch that has a little more in the low end anyway, it can get sort of muddy, although it is still very useable.

I've been considering switching to Bareknuckles or maybe some of the hotter passive Seymour Duncans, but haven't made any decisions yet. I have a soft spot for coil tap-able baritones, so I may end up rewiring the thing anyway haha

6. Sam R

Sam R SS.org Regular

Thanks!

7. Sam R

Sam R SS.org Regular

Thanks!

Yeah I had been looking at them for a long time. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat haha

8. patdavidmusic

patdavidmusic SS.org Regular

grats dude looks rad!

9. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel K-U-N-fusion!

The GAS for one of these grows stronger every time I see one...happy NGD!

10. You

You รพ

I have desired this guitar for quite some time. Congratulations.

11. noob_pwn

noob_pwn SS.org Regular

Issue with the tuning pegs might actually be string binding in the nut slots. Make sure the nut slots are wide enough for your gauges and try some nut sauce or a similar nut lubricant, it might help with the problem.
    Nice NGD!