NGD Ibanez RGA8 w BK Aftermaths signed by TOBIN ABASI!!!

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by Gmork, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

prepare to puke my friends! today i purchased an Ibanez rga8 (black) with bareknuckle Aftermath pickups and if that wasnt enough signed by Tobin ABASI !!! only thing wrong with it is that its missing the "top clamp" for the "string lock down bar" at the nut, if that makes sense lol. plus the vol konb is worn looking (which i think looks wicked because the worn parts are a kind of brass color! looks cool!) not sure what the toggle switch beside the vol knob does. i dont hear a difference. i guess the BK Aftermaths are passive huh? does that have something to do with that toggle switch seemingly not doing anything?
    so the guy didnt even put the fact that its signed by tobin in the ad. i was just looking it over and was like...looks good...hey.....whats this....WAIT THAT SAYS TOBIN ABASI!! HOLY ....!!! says the guitar use to belong to a friend of his who took it to a guitar workshop clinic thing that tobin was doing in vancouver and had him sign it.
    ok so Ibanez RGA8 8string/BK Aftermath pickups in bridge and neck/signed by Tobin Abasi.
    payed $200 and also gave him an skb 4u rack case :fawk: can you friggin believe that!!!!!! :scream: im a pretty damn happy camper right about now! this is a perfect pal to my ibanez ironlabel 8 (white) and RG8 with BK Painkiller in the bridge. pics below...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

setsuna7 and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  2. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

just read that the toggle switch on an RGA8 is a mid scoop EQ switch. but now it does not do anything since the active pickups were taken out and replaced with passive BK aftermaths.
    QUESTION---> can it be rewired so the mid scoop EQ toggle switch works with the passive BK aftermaths???
    edit* ive read that some earlier rga8 models had problems with the bridge! how do i find out when mine was made? the model # is shown in the one pic i posted above if that helps

3. Baelzebeard

Baelzebeard Grinder of strings

The mid switch was part of the preamp from the active system, and honestly it was crap, it took the sound from bad to worse.

I replaced mine(along with the pickups) with a toggle to switch the neck pickup between series/parallel. Love it.

You have the second gen model that was supposed to be free of the bridge problem. You can tell by the bevels in the scoops of the top and bottom horns.

Anyways, happy ngd. After some mods mine has treated me well, and has monster tone.

4. downburst82

downburst82 SS.org Regular

Damn im in Vancouver how did I miss that!!

Great score man :bowdown:

5. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

This definitely belongs in the Extended Range section

6. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

downburst - i AND the guitar were in victoria but the previous PREVIOUS owner took it over to Van for the tosin guitar clinic thing

kindsage - OH sorry. i just saw other people talking about gear and thought this was the place. sometimes im a bit confused where to put things

7. PBGas

PBGas SS.org Regular

It would help if you actually spelt the artist's name correctly. LoL. I mean, you can literally see how it is spelt in the signature. Nice guitar and congrats! :hbang:

8. Axayacatl

Axayacatl SS.org Regular

It's not all about the money and the nice cars. It's things like this that day in day out motivate Tobin Wasabi to do what he does so well.

Congrats man, happy for you!!!

9. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

LOL i dont know why but im always calling him tobin. i swear i know who he is lol. guess im stupid or something :)

10. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

Me too!!! :lol::lol: