NGD! Finally after more than 10 years!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Whitestrat, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Whitestrat

Whitestrat SS.org Regular

I used to own an ibanez 440R. It was actually my first guitar. I stupidly misplaced it at a studio (don't ask me how), and forgot to go back to collect it. When I finally got round to it, the studio closed down, and i couldn't find that guitar anymore. That was around 1998. By then I also had my JPM90HAM (which I also stupidly sold off eventually), so I didn't miss the 440R much, or so I thought then.

Thing is, that 440R was always on my mind thereafter. The comfort of that aerofoil body was something I had always liked, but I wasn't too happy with the sound. And that was also before I knew that you could swap out pickups. Yes, it had the Edge bridge. it was a HSS, and was one helluva comfortable guitar. I had the option eventually to buy a JS, but somehow never got round to it, because everytime I wanted that, there was always something that stopped me. lack of funds, more pressing matters, time, etc etc...
    Fast forward to today.

There was a sale at a local music store. The largest music store in the country. They usually had sales every quarter, but you'd rarely find a JS on sale. Usually it was out of stock, ot that particular piece was so old, and had the Edge Pro bridge, which I never liked. There was once a JS1200CA, but it had a dodgy neck, and I never quite dug the CA colour anyways.

But today, there was a nice JS1000BP on the display, brand new out of the box, and had the edge bridge. it's a 2011 production model, but had been sitting in their inventory warehouse for quite a while.
    So I snagged it at a great price!
    Without further ado, here it is!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AcousticMinja

AcousticMinja String Theorist Contributor

Dude that's awesome!
    Congrats! :)

3. ILuvPillows

ILuvPillows Baby seal will destr

The radius body.So...beautiful! These take up a great deal of my ebay lurking time.

HPGD!

4. _MonSTeR_

_MonSTeR_ SS.org Regular

Mine's a 97 I think, I'd have to check, but I honestly believe that the JS1000 is perhaps the most underrated metal guitar out there!

LOVE IT :D

5. Whitestrat

This thing is very responsive and dynamic, even with old strings! I've got to try it with new strings. It's turning out to be nicer than I remembered my 440R to be!

6. Xiphos68

Xiphos68 SS.org Regular

Congrats dude!

My Dad, has the same guitar and got his JS1000 pratically like you did, he got his dirt cheap and brand new (though I think his is a 2010). Not sure why it was so cheap, probably overstock or sat for a while?

But these guitars rock, my favorite guitar to play recently! Enjoy yours!

7. s_k_mullins

s_k_mullins !@#$?!

Beautiful! I love these guitars!

8. Alpenglow

Alpenglow music and shat

Nice guitar dude! Must be nice to have a new guitar in your hands after so long. :)

9. Whitestrat

I've had many new guitars since then. Just that it took me more than 10 years to get one with the exact same shape and playability...:lol:

10. MrHelloGuitar

MrHelloGuitar SS.org Regular

The Radius bodies are my favourite bodies. One day, I'll get my hands on one of these! HNGD!!! Mega jelly.

11. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

I really want one of these. But like the OP said, they generally expensive (and they have gotten MORE expensive lately)

They had one at GC that was a "clearence" but it was so badly dinged and the neck was TWEAKED! :lol: So even at 900 it wasn't worth it :nuts:

Still........WANT!