NGD, Douglas Hadron 727 (all your jokes Hardon belong here).

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Skitzoification, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Skitzoification

Skitzoification Randall Die Hard

So, after ordering this In February, and putting this off, Here she Is. :hbang:

I like this guitar, It plays very well acoustically right out of the box, and had no dings, pretty flawless as far as the finish, hardware, Electronics and Fretboard/neck.

The action and neck bow ended up being so so for me. A little to high for my taste, so I lowered It. BUT(here comes My only issue with it.), I can't seem to really get any good action after fixing the neck bow, I set It to the point where It's too high. the neck Is thin too, and Ibanez like, I love it.:shred:

the pickups are surprisingly good, with the bridge being good enough to make a Distortion/Gain freak like me to write home about it. a Little too muddy though, So I'm either thinking a D' Activator 7 or a Crunch Lab 7 to go in the bridge. the neck pickup is pretty good, doesn't really make the flurry of shred notes sound to smeared or slushy.

Tremolo bridge Is alright. given the 27" scale, I've had to tighten the claw considerably, since I'm not too fond of having more than 3 springs on It.

ok, Enough banter, here's the Pr0n. :yesway:

Attached Files:

2. fassaction

fassaction SS.org Regular

was it worth the 225 they charge for it?

I considered getting one of these as a backup 7, but have decided to hold off since I am playing more on 6s in my new band.

3. Skitzoification

well for me, I'm a really anal person, If it's not one thing, It's another, but Once I get certain aspects of this thing Into proper shape, I can't help but turn my amp up and stand up and play. :mf666: Buy one, There's a good chance you'll get a good product. :yesway: Chances are you'll only have to do TWO things, Pickup swap, and possibly new/different strings or Gauges. If you like OFRs, then that's not a bad idea either.

4. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19 Playing life by ear

How's the heel and high fret access? I wish they had these with the hipshot-style fixed bridge.

5. Skitzoification

the heel Is almost non-existent to me, Like my xiphos. on Mine, It has this small depressive part between the body and the base of the neck, Just right for my thumb to fit in it, Which Is awesome.

they're making the Fixed Scope 727s, but I haven't seen rondo make a Fixed hadron In 7 string format since I've had knowledge of their guitars.

I'm going to ask Kurt If he can maybe start taking Custom Orders/Alternates On the hadrons, It'll be a complete shot into the dark vast universe, But I'll give it a shot. :lol:

6. bob123

bob123 Banned

Hmm not thrilled with it being a complete ibanez ripoff, but at least it looks classy ;)

7. ShadowFactoryX

ShadowFactoryX OMNIHILITY

thissss
    i'd own two by now if they had them

other than that they're a sweet guitar

8. Skitzoification

I don't see Kurt's customer pool getting any thinner, So that's probably a high possibility for more alternate models being produced in the near future. :shred:

9. sell2792

sell2792 Master Chugger

I love me some classy Hard-Ons.

10. bob123

bob123 Banned

whats the wood in the middle of the neck? o_O walnut??

11. fassaction

fassaction SS.org Regular

I dont know why, but I read this as "walmart" the first time...

"heh....this guy thinks the guitar is made of Walma....oh....wait...nevermind"

12. iRaiseTheDead

iRaiseTheDead Ashes Of Rebirth

Looks pretty sweet man!

13. Skitzoification

@bob123 you mean the outer parts of it (the dark brown?)? The Center Is mahogany (I'm pretty sure), The Lighter sides are Definitely Maple, the darker side woods are most likely Walnut. :yesway:

14. viesczy

viesczy SS.org Regular

I'm going to be out of the country for a month in the fall, I'm trying to decide to get a beater ERG to take with me and the real world pix/opinion certainly is steering me towards one of these $200 Rondo specials!

Does the neck feel like a bat in your hands like the first run of 7s ages past (which I have when they were to be violin but came out violet!)?

Derek

15. Skitzoification

nope. pretty much ALL of rondo music's Catalogue are one MM away from most Ibanez necks. the hadron Is about 21mm at the nut, 22MM at 15 fret. the width (from string to string/end to end), Is maybe 46MM to 48MM wide i think. not to sure. but It doesn't feel massive to me Like a schecter Or a esp/ltd Hex-7. :yesway:

16. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19 Playing life by ear

Part of me wants to buy one of these to trick out with some DiMarzio pups with push-pull pots that split the coils, and a Graphtech Ghost Piezo/Midi system. :metal: I just know I'd have to block the trem as well.

17. Skitzoification

I'm going to be shoving a CL In the bridge when I get the money, I'm excited to see how It turns out.

18. Ocara-Jacob

Ocara-Jacob Afraid, probably

If a version of this with a fixed bridge was made, I would buy it.

19. viesczy

viesczy SS.org Regular

Good to hear. My 1st run Agile with the Breed pickups has the thickest neck of all my ERGs. Not that it is uncomfy, but it is larger than my ESP & Ibby 7s and larger than my Schecter 8.

I think for the $, I can't go wrong scoring one of those to go away with me for the month and then leave it behind with someone before we return.

Thank you!

Derek

20. Skitzoification

No problem bro. :metal: This guitar Is very very nice though. When I unwrapped it I felt like I stole it.lol