NGD - Darkglass Alpha Omega

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by Radau, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Radau

Radau Bongoloid

This thing gets nasty, I love it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I'll ask just to get it out the way...

How do they compare?

ImNotAhab likes this.
  3. Radau

Radau Bongoloid

If you stack them together they open the space time continuum

FILTHnFEAR, Wolfos, NickS and 4 others like this.
  4. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

:lol:

I’m wondering the same thing. I just have a peavey minimax as my amp, so I’m wondering if getting a DG will make me sound like I have as much talent as Nolly. :lol: But seriously - I’ve never heard a DG in person, but I like what it says it’s supposed to do for the tone.

Wolfos and lewis like this.
  5. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

but seriusly how do they compare. Ive never though about owning a dirt pedal for my bass, and for a lot of years (even written post in this forum) I kinda was opposed to them. Mostly because didnt really "need" them and because everything else out there sounds like garbage. But the mroe and mroe I see playtroughs and reviews of darkglass stuff the more Im liking one of these, prob to add an extra bite in my tone, like 10% gain.

but couple of questions:

1- how does it sound fingerstyle?. 99% of the demos I see are done witha pick, which is a different sound altogether

2- The only thing I have never seen in any demo. The EQ part of it. Is it only for the dirt? or does it functions as a general EQ for the dry signal too?. If so, would it work with the pedal "off" too?

reason why I ask is because Im on a situation/place where I dont have my amp, and cant really get one, but I might be start playing with some people acoustic/singer-songwriter stuff for bar gigs/events kinda stuff. So I was thinking to use one of these as they double up as a DI which is great, and use the dirt for home metal playing, but I have no need for the dirt in this gigs, but kinda need some "pre" and "EQ", soomething to replace my lack of an amp. I could get something like the Ampeg SCR DI, which as an ampeg user would be perfect, but then I didnt like the demos of the dirt chanel, sounds like any other bass drive out there, like crap.

6. Radau

Radau Bongoloid

1. It sounds fantastic
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/23czu537hxw1j16/Statues Stacked.mp3?dl=0

2. If you turn the drive all the way down it'll act like a clean preamp, otherwise it's just overall EQ. If you want a clean tone go for the B7KU where you can switch the distortion on/off

Overall, The AO is like an angry, grunty B7K with two drive circuits

A-Branger likes this.
  7. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

so, can you stack them?.

A/O acting as a "clean preamp" style platform with the Darkglass b7k acting as the OD infront?.

If I were a bassist I think I would just get the B7k, the A/O, the line 6 g10 wireless and the Cali Compressor all on one board and call it a day.

8. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

they are absolutely amazing in person.
    One of these things where you know it will sound good, but nothing prepares you for the "holy shit that sounds amazing" tone you actually hear.
    My bassist in my band is using his B7K + my Keeley compressor infront of his Peavey bass amp with 4 speaker bass cab with my HD Pro connected to the bass amp using a Monuments album tone

every aspect of the this chain together regularly gives him a "omg this frigging tone" look on his face every band practice. Im happy to lend my gear out to him just for this look alone, let alone because I love jamming with such a huge bass sound haha.

Hollowway likes this.
  9. Radau

Radau Bongoloid

Dropbox link I posted is them stacked, B7KU in front of the AO

lewis likes this.
  10. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

oooh I missed that.
    Will listen now

11. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

holy crap it sounds amazing........... <3

12. Lasik124

Lasik124 SS.org Regular

Leviathus likes this.
  13. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

cheers bro. Still deciding what to do.

Kinda like the idea of the B7K, but the price is ouch, but then I know Im gonna be like "I should have bought the A&O one", same if I do the opposite lol. Im also considering to get the mini version of the A&O as a pedal.

or my other option is to sell my Line6 Firehawk, and use the money I could have used for the B7K and get a HelixLT, better sounds for my guitar, and I would have that pedal included for my bass. Only problem is to find a way to sell the pedalboard in this remote location Im living...... This if I buy it trough Thotman, as its the onyl palce affordable enough for me, forget about buy it here its like 800$ more

14. Radau

Radau Bongoloid

I have a Helix floor that I use in conjunction with the DG stuff and it's fucking awesome

A-Branger likes this.
  15. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

well aparently on hte alst update for bass, theres a B7K pedal on the Helix, have you compare it to the original?, also hows the bass amps on it?, any good ampeg stuff?

16. Radau

Radau Bongoloid

B7K emulation is great, I'm perfectly happy to use that in a situation I'm not able to bring my B7KU. I don't use the bass amps too much, I generally use A clean B7K and a dirty B7K on split paths and run them into IRs. Sounds phat

17. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

Phat indeed!!, but it can be a tinny bit more ;) doo it! *muuuahahahaha* 3:)

yeh sounds great. If I manage so sell my Firehawk I think this would be the way to go, as I would spend around the sme to upgrade it than buying the pedal, plus I would have much more for my gutiar ect. Specially here where I live where Ic ant have amps or monitors

thanks bro.

Nice Bongo!

18. Radau

Radau Bongoloid

Thanks! I love these basses hahaha

[​IMG]

A-Branger likes this.
  19. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

yeh I got a love/hate relationship with them. They look cool, but sometimes they look awfull. And Im yet to see one in live and try them, so I dont wanna risk getting one only to hate it latter on.

whyyyyy oh whyyyy they cant do a 5 string stingray 24 frets!!

20. Radau

Radau Bongoloid

I ordered the stealth black about 6 years ago without ever seeing one in person, so it worked out for me haha