NGD: Blackmachine B6 Goodness!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Jonathan20022, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

This will be one of many NGDs that I just never had time for during the past few weeks. Prepare for a lot of pics and videos in the coming days :D

First off is the Blackmachine B6! I got this in recently and I thought I'd give my two cents on it and what it sounds/plays like. Pictures first of course!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So first off, this is the third B6 I've gotten my hands on but the very first I've owned. I got the chance to actually spend time with one in the form of a trade which I'm a fan of vs spending the cash price on a new one + the waitlist.

This is an older B6 apparently evidenced by the silver plate vs the black coloring they started using on the newer ones from (???) to now. So it's probably not evident of the current work Feline is putting into their guitars nowadays.

It does echo the same sentiments that I experienced playing the prior 2. These are well made, barebones guitars that combine a lot of specs that people commonly associate with well playing guitars. Thin neck, flat radiuses, large frets, all into one package. Not to say it's not worth it to some, but for the amount of things you get with a B6 it wouldn't be my first choice if I were in the market again for a guitar in this price range.

One of the unique things about this one, is that the neck features a very soft V shaped neck. I'm not picky about neck profiles, and I'll play pretty much any guitar without issue. It was interesting playing it and it felt amazing for moving around the low end of the neck. As well as the body being crazy light, it's a comfy guitar and it's fun to have around for sure.

First time trying the Lundgren M6 as well and the pick up is pretty wild, super tight and not as sterile as the stereotype people say about it. Works really well with most sounds I go for!

Hope you enjoyed it! I have a lot more to post up that I just never got a chance to due to time constraints and just not having time to take nice photos of guitars.

2. max3000

max3000 SS.org Regular

Man, I've been looking at a bunch of BM copies from all sorts of luthiers and looking at this is so apparent. THIS is how you do a neck joint! This is how you put together the nut and neck bolts.

HNGD! So jealous...

3. lemeker

lemeker SS.org Slacker

That is a very nice looking guitar. hngd.

4. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

Congrats man! I think I had my eye on that one, as well as another; just not the right time to be able to pull the trigger. Glad it's impressive and sounds great for you. I love the grain on the body. It's one of the nicest B6s out there.

5. TheFranMan

TheFranMan SS.org Regular

So I've never had the privilege of playing a Blackmachine. Care to elaborate what all the hype is about? Obviously looks like fantastic workmanship, and it's a gorgeous guitar as well.

6. jeremyb

jeremyb SS.org Regular

Beautiful!

7. AnP Hardcore

AnP Hardcore SS.org Regular

That looks fantastic. HNGD!

8. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Really nice figuring on that one. If I ever bought another B6 I'd also want to see it up front to make sure it looked like yours!

9. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

Whoa!

10. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

It's definitely well done, if it had a bit more curvature it'd be perfect IMO but it stays out of the way for the most part!

Thank you!

Thanks man! Yeah the grain stood out to me instantly, and yeah it really is a joy to play!

I can't exactly elaborate since I've never really bought into the 'hype' myself. Hard to get guitar is praised by the few who have it, and others are curious and want to try :lol:

Thanks dude!

Thanks a ton dude :D

Right? I'd like to get a hand picked choice if I was going to drop 4k+ on one of these, but from what I know they're built and sold to you as they're done so you don't get that choice when they're brand new sadly

:cool:

11. electriceye

electriceye SS.org Regular

I really love the simplicity of these guitars. Beautiful!

12. Humbuck

Humbuck SS.org Regular

Beautiful!

13. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

Definitely the best looking B6 out there.

14. pdotson

pdotson SS.org Regular

That is some nice figure in the body. Is it an oil finish?

15. kruneh

kruneh SS.org Regular

Love it, congrats!
    To me the B6 is more substance, and less fancy pansy.
    Great player and looks awesome.

16. sherpa_man

sherpa_man SS.org Regular

great guitar, i own a early b6 to, the m6 pickups are fantastic

17. simonXsludge

simonXsludge (((Ω)))

Kinda what I thought looking at them. The price tag on those makes me wanna get something else, haha. I bet they're cool nonetheless. Thanks for the honest review.

18. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Yeah there's no real obstruction when you're playing or anything with too much flair to distract you :D

Thanks!

Thanks man! It is beautiful haha

Thank you! Yes I believe it's an oil finish, the grain of the ash is very apparent and easy to feel.

Yeah it's just the bare essentials, which is what any guitarist should need to just play ;) I might add a coil split in the future to it just to get some more tones out of it.

Ah awesome, can you shed some information on it if you know of what differences there are from the older ones to the newer ones?

Yep exactly haha! No problem! It's not hard to find 2-3 guitars you'll love just as much for the same price that these go for. The only thing that sucks for international buyers is the exchange rate, you pay whatever price the current XXX --> GBP price is. So you may be getting a great price or paying more just based on the market haha.

19. Casper777

Casper777 Slow Player

I regret a bit not to have jumped on the wagon for the 2015 run... ;) but as you said, a bit difficult to justify the price you pay for a brand new one...

20. rochesterbox

rochesterbox SS.org Regular

HNGD! Great looking guitar. Hopefully one day I'll get to try one of these.