NGD BC Rich Stealth 7

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Edika, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

After getting my second Jackson SL2H USA in September I needed a new guitar like a bullet in the head. Not that I needed the Jackson but you know how things are. But this popped up and you usually don't them for sale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back when these came out I was drooling over this guitar. This is the only shape Ifind appealing from BC Rich along with their JrV. I also loved this headstock. I was quite torn between this and the Ibanez Xiphos and as chance had it when this appeared on the horizon one of the members here was selling a 7 string Xiphos in a really good condition. I did have an Ibanez VBT700 which was good so I knew what to expect but the BC Rich won over. I wasn't sure what to expect with the neck as the BC Rich JrV I had a quite substantial neck. I think it was comparable with a friends Scecter Blackjack ATX. To my surprise it is quite thin and comfy and the gloss black back is not sticky. I haven't had the chance to set it up yet but playing it s it came out of the box it sounds great! It has the classic 81-7 and 707 combo which I don't mind. It sounds as good as it does on my LTD EC407 which is a good hing, albeit more focused. It might have to do with the pickup height. What surprised me is the fret size which seems quite small in comparison to other guitars I have. Since my first guitar has similar frets I don't mind and find them really cozy.

One thing I didn't like much is that the guitar is quite light. I don't like them super heavy but I prefer a bit of weight into them. However it doesn;t feel poorly made and like a toy like other light guitars I had owned or played. The previous owner has moved the strap button to the neck/body joint which helps with the weight distribution but it still seems it requires a thick strap to keep it in place. The wings might make it look big but the amount of wood on the wings is not as much as you think it is. Aside from that I have no complaints and the addition of the case is a big bonus. The case is massive though! It is a mean metal machine and the reverse headstock slays. The only thing I haven't decided yet is what tuning I should put it. I'm thinking A so I can have the lower 6 notes in D for the obligatory Death songs. On the other hand I have a baritone 7 that is fixed bridge and I can tune to that and my other 7 with a Floyd is in drop A so I don't have anything for B standard. Aaah first world problems. With the BGF Jackson and my first guitar I have sudden influx of black guitars! However if black is done right it's classy and that's the case with this and the other guitars!

Anyway TL;DR I traked down one of the guitars Iwanted for a while and even though it's a bit ighter than expected it plays and sounds great.

2. iamaom

iamaom SS.org Regular

Is the scale length smaller like on the 6 string version or is it a full 25.5?

3. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

These are 25.5 even though in the past there was some confusion with the scale length for these too.

4. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

Nice score
    I love these!!

Edika likes this.
  5. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Thanks man, they truly look and, I can now say, play awesome.

6. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

You should play at least one Death song a day

Hngd

NickS, Edika and cardinal like this.
  7. cardinal

cardinal Strat 7 Guy

That thing is sweet. Wish BC Rich would make things like that again.

zappatton2, watson503 and Edika like this.
  8. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I do agree and this is the main reason I'm thinking of tuning it in A. Or just play the songs in B for extra brutality,

Since these are hard to find I had been hoping all these years for a Stealth and/or a 7 string Stelth but BC Rich just produced crap after crap after crap afterwards.

9. watson503

watson503 Los Cochinos

Those are great guitars, happy NGD with that one!

It really is a shame what has become of BC Rich since Praxis' and Brian X Martin's (Bowel Movement, as he should be properly called) involvement. Can't wait to see what kind of bs they wheel-out this year for the upcoming NAMM.

lewis and Edika like this.
  10. Moltar

Moltar SS.org Regular

I have wanted one of those for many years now. I was going to buy one years ago but it was sold out so I bought the Steve Smyth Bich 7 instead which is a great guitar. I have since got the JRV 7 as well, the purple one. Again another great Korean 7. I would love to find the Stealth though for a good price but any time I see them I just can't justify spending what they are selling for.

Have fun with it. Looks like its in great condition.

zappatton2 and Edika like this.
  11. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

The Purple V was also on my sites for a while but they don't come up used often. It is actually in almost perfect condition. The previous owner really took care of the guitar. And the case is almost mint. If you do manage to find one for a reasonable price grab it!

12. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

Dear Glob I love the Stealth! Personally, I've always wanted a 6-string version, as I've heard it balances well and is lightweight (I think my back at my age would appreciate that). It is a shame that BCR seems to be fading a bit, I've always loved their designs and I think there's still a market for interesting shapes beyond superstrats and LPs. That specifically is a gorgeous Stealth!

Edika likes this.
  13. Viginez

Viginez SS.org Regular

lovely stealth, but man, that fb needs to be cleaned asap...

Edika likes this.
  14. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

The 6 string matte ice blue version they put out back when this was out too seemed like a great guitar with excellent specs. If someone wanted a Stealth but with a Floyd and two pickups there was that version instead of the Chuck signature. Back in 2008-2009 they had a lot of momentum with the NJ deluxe and pro models they put out which seemed to be selling great so I don't know what went wrong and they went flat on their bottoms again.

Yeah man I know even though it's not as bad as the photos make it out to be. I'm waiting for some brass trem blocks to come in before I set it up. I'm still undecided whether I'll leave it in B or take it down to A. Probably B as I like how it sounds in this tuning.

15. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

Killer grab. I’d love to have a Stealth 7 to compliment my Schuldiner Tribute! Congrats!

Edika likes this.