NGD - Anti trend Kiesel DC700

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Hybrid_Child, Sep 3, 2017.

1. purpledc

purpledc Proud blacksheep

Well Ive had my own issues with the company but since turning into kiesel there have been quite a few stories from various people. Its worth a search but Its not worth ruining your NGD thread over. If you just do a search I'm sure it wont take you long to find a few things. But my experience echos a lot of other peoples. Mistakes with builds, then the mistakes aren't corrected or at least not properly and communication lacks at these times. That's the cliffs notes version of my issues. As for the other stories I personally don't like repeating things as I probably wont remember everything as sharp as the stories deserve. I wouldn't worry about it though. If your guitar is good and you are happy don't let what will hopefully eventually become ancient history ruin anything for you.

2. jl-austin

jl-austin SS.org Regular

A lot of the problems about Kiesel are cleared up by a build like this, no exotic woods, and a tremolo (people complain about the fixed bridge being to low for heavy gauge strings, so the saddles are too high).

Indeed this is a beautiful guitar, looks killer!

Hybrid_Child likes this.
  3. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

This isn't a flaw, any guitar with a Floyd and no string tree (Jacksons in particular) will do this. You're supposed to leave them tuned a lil' flat until you lock everything down, and then use the fine tuners to zero it in.

4. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

Except when the headstock has enough angle so it doesn't need a string tree.

And that's one pretty kiesel you got there, op!

Hybrid_Child likes this.
  5. purpledc

I disagree. If it wasn't a flaw they would never have invented that bar to begin with. Someone must have thought of it as a problem at some point. Either way Just because a bridge has fine tuners it doesn't mean they intentionally design the guitar so you HAVE to use them. And I have had plenty of guitars in the last 25 years that I have been playing which the strings don't pull sharp when locking the nut. My current Ibanez being one of them.

6. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

you should probably email the guys at Jackson and let them know

7. purpledc

Can you elaborate on what you mean?