NGD Agile Septor 827 White

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by crg123, May 26, 2011.

1. crg123

crg123 SS.orgLocalArchitect

WOW this thing is awesome, My first ERG and I couldnt be happier, there are a few super tiny imperfections in the paint job. The only reason I think they're even noticeable is because it's white. Its really weird getting use to the no fretmarkers and the huge neck on it but the shape of the neck (thin D?) really helps. It was alittle out of tune when I got it (obviously) but once i tuned it up the intonation was perfect. The pickups sound good, its weird getting use to actives, since I always use Dimarzio passives. Any suggestions for a better active tone ? The string action is great, although maybe alittle too low they have alittle bit of a percussive sound when I play, but thats minor and seems fixable. Over all I'm super happy with my purchase! Check it out guys, let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a direct link the images don't seem to be loading even though i use the [ I M G ] [ /I M G ] format (no spaces of course)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60117994@N08/sets/72157626812568322/

2. Erick Kroenen

Erick Kroenen SS.org Regular

the url is not giving the address of the picture!

Cool i have the 7 string version of that one..

3. crg123

does flickr not work with ss.org? I really wanna show this beauty off! What site should I use to show them on here?

4. simonXsludge

simonXsludge (((Ω)))

[​IMG]

:yum:

great catch, dude. this thing just looks right! happy NGD!

5. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

That thing is the sex, man I love white guitars.

6. orakle

orakle djentleman

first agile 8 i would consider buying ;D

7. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

8. shredguitar7

shredguitar7 SS.org Regular

how is the action on this thing. my first and only agile 8 is my ocean burst intrepid.. and after a good bit of tweaking it plays nice. but not great. fret buzz here and their. the fret job on mine atleast was pretty crappy, it was an early run, wasnt the best. so im just wondering if these are better now. because im seriously going to get one of these white 8's. fucking classy as shit.

9. Zei

Zei SS.org Regular

Not gonna lie, this is the guitar that made me want a white 8.

10. geofreesun

geofreesun SS.org Regular

damn i was not really a fan for white guitars but this one, this one makes me drooool!!!

11. crg123

Thanks guys! I'm super excited about this guitar
    The action is really low and the neck is straight as an arrow. I don't see any issues with the frets, but the strings do tend to buzz alittle bit, especially on the lower ones, but its not super noticeable. Nothing a quick adjustment wouldn't fix! I wish the strings were alot heavier of a gauge but then again I use to use .060 to .012's on my drop C 6 string haha. I think its a great buy the neck is very different from any guitar i've ever had its a wide/flat D shape, so it only curves near the edges, and its pretty thin for a 8 ( its thinner then my PRS copy!). The fretboard is super wide, but I guess thats to be expected, I just wish the strings were alittle closer together. Even though the fretboard is wide, its still thin enough for me to pretty much wrap my whole hand around it (With thumb on Octave E).
    It's going to take awhile to get use to the no frets and longer scale, but I'm sure it'll be a fun learning process.

If any one has any other questions about it I'd be happy to answer :)

12. Galius

Galius Mentally Guitarded

Sigh.....I want one of these ones so bad. Ill trade you my white Interceptor Pro 828 for yours :D

13. Goatfork

Goatfork Dovahkiin

I just ordered this same guitar a few days ago. Shipping things to Alaska takes forever :/

EDIT: Oh, and grats on the NGD btw!

14. sage

sage twerk twerk thall

Oh, the irony.

15. Guamskyy

Guamskyy Hwat you call me?

I still want a white 8, but a red intrepid will do for now.

you bitch :lol:

16. Subz

Subz SS.org Regular

NICE TO HAVE YOU IN THE CLUB SIR!!!! Sweet buy man!

17. ROAR

ROAR oaf tobar

Wow that is gorgeous.

18. shredguitar7

sucks. i was going to buy one last night after seeing this and watching it for a while. and boom, not on the site anymore. fucking fail. if you ever want to sell it dude. PM me. id buy it in a heartbeat.

19. crg123

Hey guys, I'm trying to adjust to these actives, and I'm getting a good tone out them but it seems like I still need to tweak my tone alot. I've always used passives and my last guitar used to use Dimarzio Evolutions in my PRS copy. It just seems like the tone is a tad bit "fizzy" in comparison to the passive pickups. There also seems to be somewhat of a percussive tone added to the sound, I'm not sure if this because of the lighter gauge is causing a slight string buzz or what. Any recommendations to get a better tone out of this guitar like a certain EQ boost/cut. I love the way it plays and looks. I really like the tone, but I don't love it. I feel like it has more potential. Thanks in advance guys.

@ shredguitar7 sorry I would never sell this thing, its too amazing haha. But seriously man, message Kurt and maybe you can ask him if they're going to make anymore white 8's. Who knows maybe if you wait a few months they might start making them again.

20. shredguitar7

i emailed him. wont be getting the neck throughs until xmas time.. looks like santa will be good to me this year.. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

as far as the pickups go. i have mine as close to the strings as possible without them hitting it when i palm mute.. seems to tighten it up a bit to me.. other than that its all subjective. especially when using AMP sims and shit instead of real amps. its always gonna have a fizz factor until you tweak and find good ones.. i use Overloud TH2.. theirs a Randall V2 head sim in that thing. sounds fucking fantastic. but thats what i have come to like since i dont actually own a decent amp anymore. eq will help but even your impulses will add unwanted frequencies sometimes. i love this framus cobra impulse i have, but with it comes this aweful high freq that i have to pinpoint and eq out. just takes time to see what works and what doesnt. tweak tweak tweak my friend.. thats the best advice i can give you as your sound is different from mine so certain eq cuts or boosts wont be the same.

on a side note, are those jumbo frets, or EXTRA jumbo. cuz id love some EX jumbo on my next 8. they just look better. especially on an ebony neck and with the white paint. uhhhhhh. where do you live... i just wanna come... visit:squint: