NGD 1 of 6, a time capsule Caparison

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Version_6, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Version_6

Version_6 Capa Banger

I'm a huge fan of Caparisons, have been for years. Already have two 1996 TAT-II's and one of Jona Weinhofens old Angelus tourers (not a fan of the music but the guitar was at the right price). Found this for sale and the guy refused to sell it to me for some reason. Had the cash, didn't want to do the deal. So I got a friend to buy it for me and it all went smoothly.

2005 Angelus is trans blue. This thing is MINT. The guy must have bought it, used it once, then put it back in the case for a decade. Even comes with all the paperwork, warranty card and tools. The electronics were shot from dried solder joints and I don't get along with Caparisons pickups, so I let the dude who brokered the deal for me have them. I went and installed a set of EMG 57/66's because I had a set around and they really suit the mahogany body/maple top 24.75 scale vibe. Also polished up the frets as they were heavily tarnished from storage. Now they're mirror shiny!

This is how I received it, with all the paperwork on show

[​IMG]

And once I installed the new pickups and controls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jeesan, Chiba666, JD27 and 5 others like this.
  2. tylerpond05

tylerpond05 Mormon Metalhead

that is really classy.HNGD!!

3. Spicypickles

Spicypickles 8 string Warrior

You should send the guy that refused the sale photos of this guitar with your dick draped over the headstock.

4. Kapee

Kapee ss.org Master

This :lol:

Also HNGD! Cool guitar, very sexy lookin :)

5. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Beyond gorgeous. This is just pure sex. Love it.

6. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Badass, that thing looks mint!

Wonder why dude would sell to your friend but not to you?!

7. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Blackest Of The Blackest

Congrats man!

8. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

HNGD! That is a good looking guitar.

9. Version_6

Version_6 Capa Banger

Haha, while a similar thought did cross my mind, I simply went the fractionally classier route and posted up on the FB group he sold it on once I had received it and cleaned it up.

It could be because I was interstate, however he said he wouldn't mind shipping it.

What's crazier is that he listed it several months ago and I talked to him about it and he seemed all fine then stopped replying. He resisted it a month or so back and I straight up said 'dude, I have cash ready to go. If you want, I can arrange a friend of mine in the are to come collect it and give you the cash so you don't have to post it'. His response was that someone else was interested but didn't have the money yet so he'd let me know how they went.

A week went by and he bumped the FB post again. So I contacted my friend down where he lives and asked him to arrange to buy it without him knowing I was involved. Sure enough, the dude sold it to him. Plus because the switch was faulty and the guitar didn't work when my buddy went and grabbed it, he talked him down on price another $250.

Considering the guitar was already listed at AUD$1200, to get it for $950 was sheer insanity.