NFL Lawyers = Fucking morons.

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Chris, Jun 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

Check out these scans of a letter sent to a webmaster of a sports forum by one of the NFL's lawyers. His "egregious offense"? Using the little icons from NFL.com for his team forums.

The "vBookie" that she refers to is a vBulletin addon that lets you gamble with fake cash/eRep, etc. It's not real gambling at all, it's just that the stupid bitch from the NFL didn't bother to look it up and see what it was before quoting a bunch of legal prose at him. :noway:

So all of you with like baseball team logos on your MySpace pages, remember, you're doing irreperable harm to the NFL! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 - Forum MVP

Personally, I'd say the NFL are doing themselves more harm by coming over and sue-happy arseholes than he is by using their logo's on his website. Corporate lawyers suck :noway:

3. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

Irreparable harm? :lol:

4. Chris

Clearly nobody will watch the Super Bowl this year. :agreed:

5. ohio_eric

ohio_eric Contributor

The NFL are uber-pricky about their corporate logo and the image of the NFL as a whole. I like football a lot but the NFL just keeps getting more and more annoying. Therefore it's harder and harder for me to watch. Hell I didn't really watch the Super Bowl this year bwcause it's such a bloate commercial fest that it's hard to watch.

6. jacksonplayer

jacksonplayer The Fusion Guy! Contributor

The NFL can afford to be that arrogant because they've got the TV numbers to back it up. The more the league gets away from the perceived values of the 'good old days', though, I think it might start to impact its popularity. There's already sort of a fetish about 'old-time football', and I can see that being a problem for the NFL. Prima donna millionaires and overzealous marketing can hurt over the long term.

7. Chris

:lol: Well, the NBA seems to be doing well, and god knows there are a LOT more prima donna millionaires there than every other sport combined.

If you exclude the Yankees.

8. jacksonplayer

jacksonplayer The Fusion Guy! Contributor

Is it, though? It's not imploding like the NHL, but it seems stagnant to me from a business perspective. Attendance is down. Too much hype and not enough riveting basketball. And growing up in Portland when I did, I was an NBA fanatic once upon a time. Even Portlanders seem kinda bored with the whole thing, though maybe Oden will change that.