NFL Football 2015-2016

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Joose, Sep 2, 2015.

1. extendedsolo

extendedsolo SS.org Regular

Dude no one in the history of football wants to hear it. It's no wonder that people dislike patriots fans if this is the type of thing they discuss. It would be like people bitching "UGHH I HAD TO GO TO HAWAII ON VACATION BUT I HAD TO NOT FLY MY PRIVATE JET AND THE COFFEE WAS COLD."

I think Pats fans should be counting their lucky stars they've won 4 since all of those wins came down to a single play really. To question Belichick who is probably one of the two or three greatest coaches ever is kinda silly.

Not an attack on you personally, just on patriots nation.

2. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

I really like Sanchez's attitude, not gonna lie. We'll see whether or not he can land the starting job.

-Demarcus Ware restructured his contract in order to remain. (What a team player)
    -Denver matched the offer Miami made to C.J. Anderson.
    -Donald Stephenson should help the o-line immensely.

Surely Von Miller will be worked out soon.

I am confident that the offense can only go up from what it was last season and that we can fill the holes left by Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan on defense.

Edit: I cannot believe the number of people saying Anderson is being overpaid! Over the past two seasons he has the most yards from scrimmage out of any back beyond week 8 (which is a great time to do that lol), played through an ankle injury in the beginning of last season, was the reason for like half of our first downs last season, averages about 5 yards per carry, has a fumble rate of 1 in every 162 carries, has a great attitude, good blocker, reliable as a receiver, etc. People are dumb.

3. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

You can't overstate how important that dude was to the offense. Even when the passing game was stalling, and the run game was stuffed early, he kept hammering and eventually broke big runs to win games or get critical 1st downs. They probably could have tried to draft a cheaper replacement, but they know what they have in him, and they were comfortable paying him.

4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I think the issue people have here is the Broncos (at least recent) history with RBs. Haven't really had ANY consistency at the position since Terrell Davis, really.

5. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^That is a fact, unfortunately.

I'm happy about the signing of Russell Okung. I know he's had some injury issues, but he's missed far less games than the guy he's replacing (Clady)... and it frees up a lot of cap space.

Is it football season yet? I so badly want to know what our starting lineup will be.

6. Ralyks

I guess Paxton Lynch is a realistic option for Denver at this point.

7. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Seems like it. I don't follow College, but his size sure is a lot like Osweiler's.

8. Ralyks

So. Any crazy draft predictions for tonight folks?

9. extendedsolo

I think the craziness has already happened. I think MAYBE San Francisco trades Kaepernick tonight and gets Denvers pick.

10. Ralyks

Well, so much for Kaepernick going anyway (barring him getting flat out cut)

11. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

All I know, is that I'm very happy with Denver's picks. I've wanted Paxton Lynch for awhile now. Add Devontae Booker, which everyone seems to agree was a steal and even more defensive depth for Wade Phillips to work with and yeah.. they deserve the "A" grade most analysts have given them.

With Jax being my hometown and all, I'm happy to see my friends from there finally feeling some truly legit confidence in the Jags. I think they're going to take the AFC South. But hey I had to wait almost 2 decades to see another Super Bowl win lol.

12. extendedsolo

I think we have to trust that Elway knows what he is doing here. I really think that Osweiler would've been the best option but can't win em all. I think they will rely heavily on the run and defense for early in the year and then see how it goes.

I'm not extremely confident in the Bears picks at this point. I think they drafted based on what Vic Fangio needs in his defense, but anything is an improvement over what they have now.

13. Ralyks

Pretty happy with how the Giants and Bills drafted. Little surprised at Jets taking Hackenberg in the 2nd. Figured they would risk Connor Cook instead if they were going to risk a QB

14. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

pretty happy with how my Chargers drafted.

6 of our 8 picks will definitely be starters within three years.

also loving our coupon god GM picking up Slauson from Da Bears. Oline is stacked now and hopefully can jumpstart our running game.

also Joey Bosa :shrug:

15. extendedsolo

I'm willing to bet that Cook is not a good teammate. Think Jimmy Clausen as a rookie. A guy that will make far more enemies in a locker room than friends and that's why he fell so far. This isn't when Russell Wilson fell to the 4th based on size, these things are legit problems. also his dad sounds like a nut.

16. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

Where are my strings you bastard :lol: :shred:

17. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Holy damn, remind a mofo!

I should have waited a year to make that bet haha.

18. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

I'm just busting your balls man, it's all good.:yesway:

19. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

20. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^As long as Phyllis doesn't fall into that pit of "I have to lecture everyone, including the opposing team" every game like last season, they will be good. Not as good as the rest of the division, but certainly better than last season.