NFL Football 2015-2016

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Joose, Sep 2, 2015.

1. extendedsolo

extendedsolo SS.org Regular

I think it's going to take an all time game by the Denver defense/special teams in this one. AT LEAST a pick six and/or a touchdown from a kick return to win since their offense couldn't do a damn thing against a decent Pats defense. More realistically it's going to take probably 2 or 3 turnovers by the Panthers. Many unlikely things will have to happen IMO for the Panthers to lose this one. But, I've seen it before and I know I'll see it again.

2. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

It's all going to come down to confusing Cam, just like they confused Brady. Denver rushed 3 more times in that game than they had all season combined.

So excited to see what Wade comes up with this time.

As for our offense... No turnovers and a good run game from Anderson should allow for good points.

I expect Peyton to absolutely play his ass off. Don't be surprised if he runs one in himself like he did in his first season with us. And definitely don't be surprised if near the end, he makes some brilliant throws that may cause him some pain, because if there's a game where it's worth it... it's this one.

3. extendedsolo

I am excited to see how the Broncos attack the Panthers. I just think that the panthers are soooo good especially at the linebacker position that it's going to be tough to sustain drives. Ultimately it's going to be on the Broncos offense, which is tough sledding against a very good Panthers defense.

4. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

5. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

What a boring game that was. The only game I watched all year, and it was that turd.

6. lemeker

lemeker SS.org Slacker

Yeah, It was kinda sluggish. The wrong time for Carolina to have a bad game. If it does happen to be Peytons last game, at least he went out on top. Not a lot of players have that luxury.

Also, the only thing more disappointing than the game was the lame commercials this year.

The good news is that Cubbies baseball is right around the corner!!!

7. extendedsolo

Congrats to any Broncos fans here. Von Miller is a destroyer of worlds and the Denver defense played incredibly last night. I have to think of Osweiler is in that game that Denver probably puts it away much earlier since Manning put in the worst performance by a winning QB in Super Bowl history. Carolina's defense was also really good but unfortunately the offense had turnovers on the worst place on the field.

8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

That was a straight up defensive battle. Offenses just could do anything last night. By the way, how many unnecessary roughness penalties was that? Had to been at least five...

9. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

How can a game back and forth between defenses be boring?? All week it's been nothing but "Denver doesn't stand a chance", but because Cam didn't throw up huge numbers, it's boring.

Couple of y'all are nuts haha. It's about more than QBs.

But speaking of QBs.... way to be a sore loser, Cam. Lose the cockiness and maybe things will be different. Physically, he's the QB of the future, no denying that.

I dunno, beyond me being a lifelong Denver fan, there's no way I could call that boring lol. Sacks, punching the football out, keeping that stupid smirk off Cam's face, Not allowing their receivers to do anything. That's what a number one defense looks like.

The only "dabs" came from Denver, and that's amazing.

10. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

You say that about Osweiler, but that's assuming he would've seen the blitzes like Manning. That's what numbers can't show. I have faith in Brockweiler, but I'm glad it was Peyton's eyes and brain out there to manage that game.

11. extendedsolo

I get what you are saying, but he did have 2 turnovers. The Broncos won in spite of Manning. Osweiler was more likely to play the Broncos out of games this year and when manning came back I'm assuming they said "DON'T DO ANYTHING THAT'LL LOSE US THE GAME!" All of it doesn't matter though really since the Broncos won!

12. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

The way Kubiak is, I think he would've put in Osweiler if he felt it was necessary. John Fox was all about Peyton, Kubiak is about the team.

13. extendedsolo

Well I think Wade Phillips deserves a ton of credit because he is a really really good coordinator (not so much a head coach though). It's strange since Fox is a good coach and has had success everywhere. I mean his record was only 6-10 this year, but the Bears have little to no talent on that team. I thought they were going to not win a single game.

Can you believe peyton is thinking about coming back?!

14. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

* fixed :lol:

15. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Where'd you hear that? I mean, I'm sure the thought is somewhere in his head. But he has so many people around him advising against that haha. He'll retire. He almost has to. Brett Favre will be the first to call him and try to stop that. :lol:

2-2 in the Super Bowl, 14-13 in the postseason, 200 career wins, 5 time MVP, almost every QB record there is... retire!

It was Kubiak's decision to put Manning back in against San Diego. Who knows.

16. USMarine75

From what I've read, everything points to Elway being like a Belichick, Al Davis, or Jerry Jones... in total control of the Broncos. I don't think Kubiak makes a move that Elway doesn't approve (or pre-approve). Just my :2c:

17. extendedsolo

Just rumous really. There have been reports that he may be entertaining St Louis as a destination. Where he will be murdered on the field since their O-line is awful. He's been "done" since midway through the 2014 season. 2013 was fun as hell though.

18. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

He'll retire, he just has to... bad neck, bad foot, weak arm, talking about a future hip replacement.... Von Miller even made fun of his age on TV when he said Peyton was off doing a Life Alert commercial. :lol:

Even when your team wins the Super Bowl, the end of football season still sucks. Like, I really miss it already. I want to know who we can keep to maintain a top defense, I want to see what Brockweiler can do as a true starter, I want to see if Demarcus Ware stays... so many questions! If Brock looks even better than he did while replacing Manning, we could be in for another good season.

No way we pay Malik Jackson after Miller's deal is done, probably can't keep Trevathan, already gave Wolfe and Harris Jr new contracts... Talib, I have no idea what his situation is honestly, I just know he's expensive as hell.

19. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Well...

Peyton is retired, Malik Jackson is going to the Jags and Houston has interest in Osweiler. I hope Denver gets Osweiler signed; although it's amazing how much teams seem to be willing to give him, Denver included, who have reportedly offered him a 3 year worth up to $45M.... what?? Whatever, just keep him.

20. USMarine75

As a Pats fan... welcome to the club. It's so hard to repeat (or stay on top) when you finally build the perfect super bowl team, and then lose key players and coaches.