NFL Football 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Joose, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Dutchbooked

Dutchbooked SS.org Regular

People take a bite of unripe fruit they just picked off the tree, complain it sucks and then throw it in the garbage. QB position is basically doomed because of social media and a hyper sports news cycle. Sports not too long ago was 5 minutes on the nightly news and nothing in the off season.
    Now it is 24/7 twitter blog bull.... so no new QB will ever even get the chance to start to ripen. People would go insane if you actually sat a guy for **gulp** an entire rookie season.
    Bryce Petty could be great if he sits for 2-3 seasons and develops. Instead he will get drafted, tossed to the wolves then called a bust and all that talent completely wasted.

2. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

"I'm BAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK"

[​IMG]

3. MetalheadMC

MetalheadMC SS.org Regular

Agreed. The media is nothing more than a plague within itself. It has ruined many careers in a way. Tebow being the most prolific I believe. The Michael Sam bs last year...I almost had to stop watching ESPN, and it's only going to get worse. I'm just waiting for everyone to start calling Bortles a bust because Jacksonville can't win, or Jameis or Mariotta, wherever they go.

Oh and Manziel, holy sh!t, that draft last year was annoying because it was all about him and Sam

4. MaxSwagger

MaxSwagger SS.org Regular

I would've signed Tebow just for his pull with Jesus. I mean for ....'s sake, some of the stuff he got away with in Denver can only be credited to a higher power of some sort. haha

5. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Wait, Blake Bortles isn't a draft bust?

6. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^I don't think one can say yet, but my guess? No. I think that dude's gonna do pretty good.

With the schedules out and the draft coming up, may be getting time to start the 2015-2016 thread.

7. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

Roger Staubach wouldn't have been able to save that dumpster fire of a team. :lol:

8. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

He had 425 pass attempts last year, his qbr was 22. It's not a good thing. I was being kinda smartass when I said "bust" but he's shown nothing that says he's ever going to be any good. Drafting Kevin White would be a great start though ;)

9. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

[​IMG]

"I did not have sexual relations with those crablegs......."

I can't WAIT for TB to draft him. Felon state U to TB, the perfect match.

10. Randy

Everybody's been applauding Famous Jameis because he can make "big boy throws" (tight openings and anticipating openings) and he finds or throws open receivers after an initial plan breaks down; that's basically what they've got on him vs. Mariota.

Considering how easily rattled he was the end of this last season and how the turnovers started piling up, unless he ends up on a team with a COMPLETE receiver corp and rock solid OL, he's going to be spending all next season on his back. He doesn't make decisions fast enough and, while I DO think 'dual threat' QBs are a gimmick, he doesn't extend plays with his legs enough (both running into openings or just buying time) to make up for his slow decision making. :2c:

The off the field stuff is another story all together. My money says he goes Manziel... basically he gets a chance and between being frustrated riding the bench or playing poorly, he's going to get bored and succumb to the party life. :2c: :2c:

11. MetalheadMC

MetalheadMC SS.org Regular

I can see that. Its pretty bad when his dad has to ask someone to protect Jameis from Jameis. All that money that young, coupled with an immature mindset more times than not ends in disaster. I have nothing for him since he beat the Tigers in the championship 2 years ago, but I would like to see him overcome the odds, but I won't hold my breath.

As far as his on field decision making, yeah they definitely declined drastically. I remember watching the Louisville game and he handed them the game, only for Louisville to beat themselves. He made some sh1tty plays against Oregon, but id have to put that one on the whole team

12. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

All-Time Draft Listing: QB 1980 -- 2014 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

many many many busts.

The QB is frequently a reach based on need, not necessarily the best player in the draft. Add in the fact that they usually go to a really bad team, injuries, and it's amazing any of them at all produce sometimes.

Felon state had a great program in place for ponder, manual, and winston.

Oh, and @Heath Evens: Um, I'll drink a pepsi if he's even close to the bills w/l's :lol:

13. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Not easy when your best WR can't seem to turn down weed and your other top WRs are either battling an injury or are out with an injury.

14. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Blake Bortles may never get to play with that "best" wide receiver. That's why I think Kevin White is the obvious choice for the Jags. I think he's got game in a big way, he's clearly confident, and isn't injury prone/doesn't seem to have off-field issues (that dude from OSU had MANY issues before being drafted)

He's big, strong, very very fast and out jumps a good majority of DB's in the league. Fowler is a question mark. I think if you are going to be drafted to get after the QB, then you have to have been a superstar at doing that at the college level. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is how I see it.

15. Dutchbooked

Dutchbooked SS.org Regular

You clearly don't know .....
    Manziel is my all time fav college player but I can remember watching interviews in spring practice when he was clearly hung over. The fun of Manziel in college is he would make such stupid plays and throw it up for grabs and Mike Evans would jump up and grab it away from 3 guys. There was never anything that was translating in Manziel's game to the NFL. He is not big, he doesn't have elite speed, comes from the spread, average arm, doesn't even need to play football. He has absolutely nothing in common with Winston, zero.

Winston is the second best QB prospect in the last 10 years behind Luck and 3rd is not even close.

Actually, the only thing Manziel and Winston have in common is Winston is going to have Mike Evans to make him look good.

16. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Shane Ray.......come on down! You're the next contestant on "my chronic is more important than my career!

Seriously, you can't make it to the draft w/o being busted for dope?

17. Randy

I was never all that convinced on Manziel either, especially coming out in the draft so early (that doesn't bode all that well for Winston either, BTW).

I'd be interested in what you like about Jameis that leads you to believe he's so 'plug and play' ready to go. Andrew Luck's composure and leadership are nearly tied with his athletic ability; the latter I'm not convinced JW's got much of. :2c:

18. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Ok, so that was boring for the most part. I didn't want to see eon peeon on NFL network so I had to go with Suzy Kolber (nice on the eyes, horrible on the ears :lol: ) on espn. At least they have the chuckster :D

Really doesn't matter, because sheattle is going to win the stuporbowl (oh how the irony does thou POURITH considering it's going to be in santa clara :mad: )

Gee, I wonder what "dick" I mean "richard" will say after winning that one....no don't tell me, he makes kitteh scared.

Like I said in the other thread, that was a KILLER move by Indy. OL needs? Well, maybe but the biggest problem is they have the worst luck with running backs. Richardson was horrible. No offensive line is THAT bad. I say a running back in the second is a good idea....just in case Gore gets injured.

19. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

20. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

:rolleyes:

I guess dallass has decided to get all the ex-cons together in one building and that will translate to a superbowl. They just need ray rice to complete the collection.