NFL football 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by VBCheeseGrater, Sep 9, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

Didn't see a thread on this. The season is officially underway.

Can't remember ever being this excited for the start of a season. Heart is racing over here. I'm a fins fan, Tannehill looked decent in his first drive.

2. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

There's an NFL thread in the sports section, but I'm not complaining haha.

3. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I put in a report to say it was in the wrong subforum so it'll probably be moved shortly, plus that's for 2011-12 season.

Currently the Pats are beating the Titans 14-3 so I'm content. I'll probably only catch half the games in the season though.

Edit : Oops, did I say 14? I meant 20 :D

4. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Bears are already falling apart again lol.
    Week 1 was great, and then week 2 happened.

Matt Forte is out for a couple weeks likely, and Cutler has already pissed his linemen off, so he's now on the "soon to be injured" list.
    Their defense isn't what it used to be either.
    Luckily they host the Rams this week, so they might just stall the inevitable downward spiral.

5. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

Fucking Saints man, I thought Brees would be able to pull it off without SP....looks like I was very wrong. Going to be a loooong season for me. :(

6. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

GAME OF THE YEAR- bears vs saints :lol:

Never know, both teams could get it together, but the bears have that recent history of starting hot, then coming apart completely as the season goes on.

7. flexkill

I'm so pissed at Roger Goodfuck it's not even funny. He needs to be fired man, he's fucking ruining the NFL! This whole ref shit is a fucking joke....the man is a CLOWN:noway:

8. flexkill

Freaking Saints...season is done for us.:mad:

9. MrPepperoniNipples

MrPepperoniNipples SS.org Regular

Still way fucking mad over that call

Thanks for that, refs
    I love starting the season 1-2 on a blunder by the officials

10. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

I would be critical of tonights situation, but it helps da bears. lol

11. MrPepperoniNipples

MrPepperoniNipples SS.org Regular

It just keeps happening.

[​IMG]

I just hope the Saints don't decide to play actual football next week.
    1-3 sounds miserable.

12. AvantGuardian

AvantGuardian Orange Vigilante

As a diehard Hawks fan, I didn't get a lot of joy from last nights game (well, besides seeing Seattle's pass rush completely overpower GB's o-line). Aside the obvious game-changing blown call at the end, there were plenty of terrible penalties called throughout the game (against both teams, but generally favoring the Hawks) that really shifted momentum. It feels like the Seahawks have often been on the short end of some really bad calls throughout their history (Super Bowl XL, anyone?), but it really doesn't feel a whole lot better to be on the other end either. I mean, it was a hard fought game on both sides, but it was just insulting to fans of the game to have these officials out there on a nationally televised game constantly disrupting the flow with calls ranging from questionable to just flat out and obviously wrong.

Sorry, Packers fans. If its any consolation, no one really seems to be celebrating this victory too much over here. We're not delusional enough to think it was a legit win.

skeels likes this.
  13. skeels

skeels ..to pay the beels

^ It was a good game with some good ball played by both teams.

I wish more Packer fans had your character.

I'm glad to be reminded that it is how you play the game and not whether you win or lose- something I try to teach my children.

14. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Man, Pats lost to Baltimore by ONE point and the fucking Steelers lost to THE RAIDERS too! C'mon Pittsburgh, get your shit together, it was Oakland! The team that everyone makes fun of and you lost to 'em.

Luckily the Jets pulled out a win over the Dolphins because Carpenter missed both the 47 and 48 yard field goals.

15. PyramidSmasher

PyramidSmasher Chess Dragon

Though I'm a Steelers fan I do watch the Browns because of where I live, and although I laugh at the Weedon pick as much as anyone, with receivers like Muhammad Massaquoi make it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to gauge the potential of a quarterback. If you saw the Ravens game on Thursday, Weedon made several great passes (that would have won the game for them on several occasions) that Little LITERALLY just up and DROPPED. When will the Browns STOP replacing their quarterback every draft and pick up some people to actually catch the god damn ball?? /rant

Yeah that Oakland - Steelers game was definitely unexpected, especially after Heyward-Bey got knocked out, it was pretty much just him and McFadden that even posed an offensive threat IMO. Im hoping that game (as well as the Broncos one) was just a fluke and that it'll all be good news from here.

16. MFB

MFB ExBendable

OK, well the Jets despite pulling out a win have turned out to be not worth watching and I'm giving my other team hat over to the 49ers to be my West Coast pick. They stomped the Jets (24-0) this week and did fantastic last year so it makes sense, plus I lived out in SF for 6 months so that didn't hurt their chances either :lol:

Pats made a surprising comeback against the Razorcakes (Bills) this week, but given their nickname it's not surprising. I had actually stopped watching when the game hit 21-7 in their favor but I was proven wrong in the end so go Pats.

I would've liked to see the Cardinals as well as Vikings games but it wasn't in the cards since I know one of them wasn't even shown here. Oh well, only so much football I can watch :lol:

17. Diggy

Diggy Banned

Here in Rams country, there may not be much to be happy about.. but the kicker may break the record for longest field goal.. lol

18. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Why? You guys won against the Seahawks today, so what's the upset?

Also, turns out it was 34-0 for the SF/NY game, I was off by 10 points.

19. Diggy

Diggy Banned

I'm being realistic. Empowering the mediocre local team is the job of our radio personalities. Our offense is anemic at best, the OL is horrible. Zuerlein IS our story. GO CARDS!

20. PyramidSmasher

PyramidSmasher Chess Dragon

Mark Sanchez you motherfucker... Im betting Tebow is gonna be the new starter for the Jets after today. I really thought Mark was going to be a big name this year after some of the passes he threw in the season opener

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.