NextGenGuitars - A web store for Canadian builders and luthiers.

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by jbealsmusic, Dec 24, 2014.

1. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

Ok so now I have to build a multiscale. Damn it.

2. jbealsmusic

jbealsmusic Next Gen Guitars

:hbang:

3. MikeNeal

MikeNeal SS.org Regular

just need to get spoke wheel trussrods, and i wont have to order from the u.s any more.

seriously though, the free shipping puts you on a different level man.

4. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

Nice to see that you're still expending!

Received my first orders from Next Gen, 4 speakers (WGS clearance prices were too tempting), couple of potentiometers and an aluminium chassis, fast shipping, great communication and of course, the free shipping was a huge plus!

Will totally order again from you guys, if you could store a couple of 1/2w resistors, I'd be ordering stuff every month or so

5. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

Apologies if I missed it anywhere on the site, but you should think about getting carbon fiber rods. I'd snag some, along with the other various things I'm looking at getting for a multiscale.

6. JuliusJahn

JuliusJahn Luthier

At this point, if you guys charged like...5-10$ per spoke nut truss rod for us, I'd still go to you guys. My orders these days are pretty darn basic (a truss rod, 2 knobs+pots, output jack and plate, and a nut blank and the rest I have in bulk). Free shipping is just icing on the cake for all of it. I unfortunately have to go to Stewmac this week again for some other things, but I'll probably get 6 rods to last me until you get them in stock ;)

EDIT: I just ordered 6. Only need 3. If any canucks need one I can mail em out.

7. jbealsmusic

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. For some reason replies to this thread don't always show up in my Control Panel. We currently stock graphite stiffening rods in lengths for both guitar and bass in the truss rods section.
    http://nextgenguitars.ca/categories/shop-for-parts/instrument-parts/truss-rods.html

As soon as we find a reliable source for them, the folks in this thread will be the first to know.

8. jbealsmusic

New Products For A New Season
    As always, we've continued to add new products to our selection to better serve you! Here are some highlights:

Instrument Parts:
    [​IMG]
    Quality Hi-Z unbalanced instrument cable
    (Bulk; Sold by the foot)

[​IMG]
    Hipshot 6 String .175" Fixed Brides & Hipshot Tone-a-matic Bridges

Amp/Cab Parts & Knobs
    [​IMG]
    Lamp Assemblies & Bulbs

[​IMG]
    Amp Jewels
    (variety of colors)

[​IMG]
    Premium Chicken Head Knobs

Personal Note From The Owner:
    "First of all, thank you for choosing Next Gen Guitars as your parts supplier. We've been growing exponentially thanks to your continued support. Your suggestions for new products to add and new directions to take are always appreciated.

However, due to the overwhelming growth in the past few months in particular, we will be a little slower to add new products. Our focus for the next little while will be on improving our current stock levels to keep up with the demand for the products already listed. We will still add new products, just not as frequently.

Summer sales are coming up so keep your eyes peeled.

Keep rockin' Canada! Let's make something we can all be proud of!"

Jonathan Beals, Owner

9. jbealsmusic

THIS WEEKEND ONLY! Use the coupon code "VICTORIA" to get 10% off. Thanks for choosing Next Gen as your parts supplier. Have an awesome weekend!

Canada's #1 Source For DIY Musicians

10. jbealsmusic

New Products For The Summer
    As always, we've continued to add new products to our selection to better serve you!

We now carry every Hammond Output Transformer for Fender replacements and upgrades from their classic tube series.

We've added several other items as well, click this link to view them all:
    http://nextgenguitars.ca/categories?sort=newest&page=1

Here are a couple of highlights:
    [​IMG]
    Instrument binding in white, black, b/w/b, cream, synthetic abalone, pearloid, and more!

[​IMG]
    100K Vintage Taper Wah Pots

[​IMG]
    Single and dual battery holders, as well a the classic clips and leads

[​IMG]
    Vibrato LDR Switches for Fender Amps

[​IMG]
    CTS Push-Pull Pots available in A250K, A500K, and long shaft A500K

[​IMG]
    No-Load Tone Pots available in A250K and A500K

Regarding Canada Post:
    Your continued patience during this whole Canada Post ordeal has been very much appreciated. We have had several inquiries as to why we still have warnings up on our site regarding a potential Canada Post strike/lockout considering most other businesses have removed them.

Canada Post and their union of workers have publicly stated that they do not want to halt operations. However, until a new contract has been signed the reality is that either party could still give 72 hours notice to strike/lockout at any time.

While it does seem very unlikely that a strike or a lockout will happen, the possibility remains. For that reason, the notifications are still up.

Thank you for your continued support. Here's to a summer of tinkering with some cool new toys!

11. jbealsmusic

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  12. MrYakob

MrYakob SS.org Regular

I wish the likes system was still around!

It's so great having you basically in my backyard as I'm working on my first guitar build for a friend :lol:

13. jbealsmusic

I've been waiting this entire time for it to come back just so I could click "like" on your post. I guess it's gone for good.

14. jbealsmusic

New Additions To Our Inventory

As always, we've continued to add new products to our selection to better serve you! To see all new items, click this link:
    http://nextgenguitars.ca/categories?sort=newest&page=1

Here are a couple of highlights:

[​IMG]

3PDT Footswitches. Finally! The standard for True Bypass used in professional pedals around the world@

[​IMG]
    Black, cream, pearloid, and white inlay dots. Along with black, cream, and white side dot rods.

[​IMG]
    We now stock every Hammond Output Transformer from their classic tube guitar line.

[​IMG]
    2-leg and 3-leg tight radius (1/16") corners in black and nickel. Perfect for pedalboards and home-made cabs where a router is not available!

[​IMG]
    Pre-radiused bone saddles for acoustic guitar. 16" Radius.

[​IMG]
    Vintage adapter bushings so you can use your vintage tuners in headstocks with modern 10mm holes.

Regarding Canada Post:
    Your patience during the whole Canada Post ordeal has been very much appreciated. We are happy to say that it is finally over!

Canada Post and their respective workers unions have reached a tentative agreement that will keep things steady for at least another couple of years.

Enjoy the last days of summer while you can.

Thank you for your continued support!

Jonathan Beals, Owner

15. jbealsmusic

October Promo - 5% off all Tolex/Tweed & Grill Cloth
    Discount should be automatically added after adding the products to your cart. The discount works on TOP of the bulk discounts already in place.

New Products For The Fall
    As always, we've continued to add new products to our selection to better serve you! To see all new items, click this link:
    View Newest Products

Highlights include:
    [​IMG]
    Shiny new British Racing Green, plus white and purple elephant/jungle bark. The picture doesn't do it justice. There is a sweet metallic sheen to it in person.

[​IMG]
    Celestion Neo - All the creamy goodness you know and love in a lightweight neodymium speaker.

[​IMG]
    Gotoh Vintage Style Tuners. 6L and 3x3; standard and locking; nickel and gold.

[​IMG]
    Eminence CV65 - The follow up to the highly praised CV75. The CV65 has warm, throaty mids, sweet, articulate highs, and nice, detailed harmonic complexity.

[​IMG]
    OT upgrade for Fender Bandmaster Tweed, Pro Tweed, Super Brownface, Super Tweed.

16. jbealsmusic

New Products Added In October
    As always, we've continued to add new products to our selection to better serve you!

Highlights include:

[​IMG]
    Multiple Pedal Footswitches
    Full suite of SPST, SPDT, DPDT, 3PDT; Momentary & Latching.

[​IMG]
    Hammond 290 Series
    We now officially stock the full suite of Hammond's 290 series power transformers. That means we now officially stock the entire line of Hammond Classic Tube Transformers that are upgrades and replacements for branded amps!

[​IMG]
    Bulk Instrument Cable
    We kept selling out due to a growing demand we couldn't keep up with, so we now stock it regularly in very high quantities.

[​IMG]
    125B/1590N1 & 1032L Enclosures
    Two new regularly stocked sizes. We now have enclosures for essentially all of your pedal needs.

[​IMG]
    Speaker Crimp Terminals
    Handy for making speaker wiring much easier!

[​IMG]
    Bulk Commercial Speaker Cable
    High quality, highly reinforced, commercial grade speaker cable; now stocked regularly in high quantities.

[​IMG]
    Plastic Switching Jacks
    6-pin stereo switching jacks (solder lugs). In stock by popular demand!

[​IMG]
    Switchcraft E112BL
    Locking stereo panel mount jack. People love these things on their pedalboards.

[​IMG]
    1/4W Mini Metal Film Resistors
    Perfect for small electronics like pedals and custom guitar wiring.

Do You Have Any Product Suggestions?
    We'd love to hear from you! We are actually working on a customer feedback portal to encourage our customers to submit ideas and vote on the ideas of others for products they'd like to see us carry. Hoping to roll it out in the new year.

Thanks for choosing Next Gen Guitars as your parts supplier!

17. Vostre Roy

Nice to see you keep on adding stuff, if you ever stock some 1/2w resistors, Mouser might never receive money from me again ahah

18. jbealsmusic

Thanks.

Do you need the whole gamut of resistances, or are there any particular ones you use most often?

19. Vostre Roy

Well I speak for myself as of right now, not sure how popular tube amp parts are so far but there's a couple of values I uses more than others for sure, I could make a list and send it by email if you are interested

20. jbealsmusic

That kind of specific feedback is always valuable and appreciated!