NextGenGuitars - A web store for Canadian builders and luthiers.

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by jbealsmusic, Dec 24, 2014.

1. jbealsmusic

jbealsmusic Next Gen Guitars

WE ARE LIVE! We only have some speaker cabinet parts in stock right now, but more parts will be coming in the new year.

NO TAXES until the full launch in February. Free shipping on orders over $200. Free scheduled local pickup/delivery available to Ottawa residents.

http://www.nextgenguitars.ca/

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  2. jbealsmusic

3. jbealsmusic

You asked, so we're answering! Our custom shop may not yet be fully operational, but we can special order bodies and official replacement necks! We'll beat the US price AND you'll get free shipping on most of them.

Bodies & Necks – Next Gen Guitars

4. jbealsmusic

We're not just trying to build a business, we want to support Canadian industry. Let's get a killer list of builders and luthiers together!

If you or someone you know is a professional amp/cab builder or luthier in Canada, send them our way to be featured on our website, get shout outs on social media, and receive special discounts on our products! Our first "Featured Builder/Luthier" will be highlighted soon.

Special Discounts – Next Gen Guitars

5. jbealsmusic

6. jbealsmusic

We are happy to announce that we now have tolex and grill cloth in stock! Tolex is sold by the yard and grill cloth is currently being sold by the foot. We will have pre-cut sets of tolex available at some point in the near future.

Cabinet Parts – Next Gen Guitars

7. power_lutin

power_lutin SS.org Regular

I plan to build a cab sometimes this winter, and happen to have a couple friends living in ottawa, which I visit every couple of months.

Would it be possible to purchase directly from you, including speakers, and avoid shipping fees?

Also, do you plan on carrying colored tolex? The cab I want to build will be stained wood but I do have a couple of heads that I want to retolex in color

Thanks!

8. jbealsmusic

Our warehouse is not open to the public and we are not set up to make sales on location, but you can purchase any of our items online and select "Scheduled Local Pickup/Delivery (Nepean, ON)" as your shipping option (it is FREE). We can figure out the details of where and when to meet over the phone or through e-mail. Speakers will have to be special ordered, but there is no extra charge for that.

We plan to stock speakers as well as a wider variety of tolex and grill in the future. It will just take time for us to get there. We've seen businesses like ours start up big and crash hard in the past, so we're being a little more cautious in our approach. We have lofty goals, but need to be realistic about our budget and our timelines if we don't want to suffer the same fate.

Contact us through the website for quotes on speaker prices. Save the taxes if you place your order before February!

Contact Us – Next Gen Guitars

Thanks for checking us out!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  9. jbealsmusic

Our First Month In Review (a message from the owner)

THANK YOU! I know we're new and our selection isn't there yet so I greatly appreciate your patience and support as we grow organically. I've personally seen a few shout outs on a couple of different forums where you are spreading the word for us and that is awesome! Growth has been steady and even a little faster than we were anticipating, so we've placed a couple of larger stock orders to stay ahead of the curve. Our selection is small but expanding steadily every few weeks and we always appreciate your feedback on our prices and the kinds of products you'd like to see available.

I will continue to work day and night to make this dream a reality and I hope we'll be proudly serving Canada for a long time. You all rock!

Sincerely,
    Jonathan Beals

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  10. power_lutin

power_lutin SS.org Regular

Thanks for my gear!

11. jbealsmusic

Thanks for the order! Post pics of your cab when you're finished. I love the look of stained/clear-coated cabs.

12. JuliusJahn

JuliusJahn Luthier

If you could match/surpass stewmac for hardware and small parts (strap pins, truss rods) I'd be able to do a lot of business with you guys :)

13. jbealsmusic

Just checked out your website, great looking stuff! We can definitely help you out. Send me a PM or e-mail us a list of whatever you need and we will see if we can get it for you. You would also qualify for our builders/luthiers discount and free promotion.
    Register Your Business – Next Gen Guitars

14. jbealsmusic

15. jbealsmusic

The NEW Next Gen Guitars: Step One - Website Overhaul

New Design
    - It should be much easier to find your way around our site.

Dynamic Pricing
    - Our system will adjust the prices when there are major changes to the CAD<>USD exchange rate. When the CAD goes up, our prices will drop automatically!

New Checkout System
    - By popular request, we now accept major credit cards AND PayPal through our integrated checkout system. We've also added a button to estimate shipping & taxes so you can see your order total right from your cart!

"My Account" Section
    - While logged into your account you can now view your detailed order history, check your order status, compare items, create multiple wishlists, update your account details, and see your recently viewed items.

OEM/Dealers - No more having to enter discount codes at checkout just to see your prices. You will now automatically see your discounted prices as long as you are logged into the site.

Next Gen Guitars - Canada's Source for Speaker Cabinet & Guitar Parts

There is only one catch. Because we've changed hosts, customers will need to reset their account passwords (click "forgot password" at the log in screen). Also, all account history has been reset (don't worry, we have backups of all your transactions and order history on file.)

It also means that all the links I've previously posted no longer work and it's long past the "edit window" for SS.org so I can't fix them. :scream:

16. jbealsmusic

Fixed! I created re-directs for all the old links.

On another note... Vinyl Tweed is on its way. Pre-order now to get the first yards.
    Tolex & Tweed - Next Gen GuitarsDon't forget to vote on what you see in stock next!

17. jbealsmusic

Well, that came sooner than expected! Vinyl Tweed is now in stock and ready to ship!

18. jbealsmusic

19. jbealsmusic

Now available at Next Gen Guitars: Precision crafted bodies & necks using state of the art technology, MADE IN CANADA!
    Bodies - Next Gen Guitars Canada
    Necks - Next Gen Guitars Canada

These are the real deal at a great price! High quality parts with a perfect neck pocket fit every time. If you like DIY guitar kits or if you're a builder/luthier who uses pre-built parts, these are some of the best bodies and necks you can get. Try one out and you won't be disappointed!

One step at a time, we're always moving forward.

20. jbealsmusic