New Tosin Abasi signature in the works

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Nov 7, 2015.

1. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

7 Strings of Hurt, AMIRITE?!

teqnick likes this.
  2. sezna

sezna undermotivated

okay okay back on topic, enough flaming...

3. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

Again, not butt hurt. Don't really like Djent, don't buy Djent endorsed products, not interested in this sort of stuff and havn't been burned on any of these products. Just pointing out very real issues that have happened and pointing out that I don't really trust these sorts of ventures on the face of them. Then Bulb took a little shot at me(i guess because I mentioned the protone thing which is a very real thing that happened) and I took a little shot back. I know, its not my best look. I have nothing personally wrong with Bulb. He seems like a swell guy, but if someone wants to swap some paint, hey, whatever. It probably would have been a smarter move if he felt i was stepping on his toes to come in and say something to the effect that when your starting out in this, sometimes the ball rolls a direction you didn't see, but we all learn from our experiences and can only try to do a better job if something goes wrong. Call me crazy.
    But have at it guys. I'm out.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  4. narad

narad SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

ImNotAhab, cip 123 and AxeHappy like this.
  5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

To be fair, he was using two of those on his pedal board. Along with his other signature distortion pedals from Leqtique.

6. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Oh you aren't butt hurt? Fantastic! Just remember, it's not my fault (or Tosin's or anyone else on this forum for that matter) that things didn't work out for you, and all the hyperbole, vitriol and "hate" in the world won't change that either.

The good news, which I sincerely hope will cheer you up a bit, it's that my Horizon Devices pedals work wonderfully, you can get them at www.horizondevices.com and they are pretty much half the price you were expecting to pay!!

Dcm81, teqnick, A-Branger and 3 others like this.
  7. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

BOOM! :lol:

I wish I had a pedal company :coffee:

8. goobaba

goobaba SS.org Regular

I wish MORE artists would do this type of thing. Its a win win situation, we get cool products and are able to more directly support the artists we love

I'm surprised Bulb isn't going down this road... yet.

Albake21 likes this.
  9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Why don't you have a vendor account yet?

mnemonic, Veldar and marcwormjim like this.
  10. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Cuz I don't start threads about my products haha, been here since 2006 posting about whatever, and I guess I'm still here now!

cwhitey2, Ammusa, couverdure and 5 others like this.
  11. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Manufacturing and guitars are a pretty tricky road, lots of overhead, lots of work, I don't know if I could handle it right now, plus I genuinely love working with the people at Jackson and they have made such amazing guitars for me. I probably would make a little more money if I went down this kinda road as long as it worked out, but at the same time, if it ain't broke....

12. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

mnemonic and Hollowway like this.
  13. Hogie34

Hogie34 SS.org Regular

sezna and theicon2125 like this.
  14. narad

narad SS.org Regular

It's a bit of a double standard as I've definitely seen vendors get told off (or I think even banned) for posting about products they deal in the general section. Like if Axe-Palace Nick came in and mentioned something about a BKP spec in the pickups sub.

But on the flip-side, SSO is a business -- probably don't want to deincentivize artists from hanging out here. Definitely some blurred lines though -- you'd think at this point there'd just be a definitive policy on artists with sig gear vs. dealers vs. people not selling anything. Kind of unfair to charge guys that hung out here a long time a full dealer fee / posting restrictions to the dealer section just for being successful.

That was kind of his point -- mods had come down on Misha before in threads he didn't start. I mean, do you think SSO is just going to somehow exist without someone starting an invective of precision drive or juggernaut thread :D

15. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not :lol: Played an Epiphone Dot through my buddy's Tosin overdrive, really liked it. I mean, it worked and everything. Great pedal, unless I missed something...

16. Hogie34

Hogie34 SS.org Regular

yeah, my humor wasn’t shining through on that one. The text definitely didn’t convey tone. I was just being a smart ass to lighten it up a little. I have zero dogs in this fight and don’t generally go around the forum starting crap. Should have put quotes around the “start”... might have been a little more effective.

17. narad

narad SS.org Regular

No worries -- I'm thinking right here in this thread probably isn't the best spot to hash out those inconsistencies anyway. Unless Tosin shows up, that is! :D

18. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Well if that stuff gets enforced, it will definitely encourage him not to post here.

19. 7 Strings of Hate

:lol: I say a lot of these ventures don’t pan out and much of it seems like the fans are the ones that get taken advantage of, but you didn’t like it so im Butthurt now? Nice spin.

mnemonic and AxeHappy like this.
  20. 7 Strings of Hate

Just keep in mind, this thread isn’t a vendor thread and Tosin didn’t start this thread about the product, so we should be game to talk about whatever in here I would assume.

StevenC likes this.