New Sonic Games for 2017

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by StevenC, Jul 23, 2016.

1. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Sonic Mania

Project 2017

Not so fussed on Sonic Mania, and I imagine Project 2017 still won't be the 3D Sonic game I want.

They said we may get an Adventure 3, so that could be cool in a few years if it happens.

2. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

I remember being a kid and pouring a ton of time into Sonic Adventure on my Dreamcast. I have nothing but fond memories of that system; such a shame it was a flop. There were some seriously awesome games for it, like Sonic Adventure, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone, Grandia II....good times, good times haha

No other Sonic game did it for me quite like the first Adventure. Really memorable level design, and the sense of speed was awesome.

3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

For some reason I remember playing a lot of Sonic Adventure 2 on GameCube even knowing it really wasn't that good of a game.

I want just one more good Sonic game. Sonic 4 came close. Sonic Mania sure looks promising at least.

Also, and I the only person that likes Knuckles Chaotix and wish they brought some of those guys back?

4. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

A solid 3rd of the levels in Sonic Adventure 2 were good. The rest didn't involve Sonic or Shadow. And then the Chao Garden made up for everything else. If they made an Adventure game with an awesome Chao Garden mostly Sonic/Shadow style levels, more consistent quality bosses, a passable story and an attempt at a localisation, I'd be happy. Admittedly I played Adventure 2 mostly to tend my Chao Garden. And City Escape.

All the Sonic Advance games were excellent and Sonic Rush was awesome, but I just don't get why we need a Sonic Mania. There are loads of awesome 2D Sonic titles in the 16 bit style, so I just don't understand anyone's excitement for it. The format has been pretty much exhausted, and no one at Sonic Team seems to want to try anything new in 2D.

Most of the Chaotix guys were in Sonic Heroes, which was pretty good.

5. Ralyks

I'm actually pretty sure the Chao Garden was what kept me playing the most.

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Sonic Mania is being made by Taxman, so this'll probably be another really solid 2D Sonic game to add to the lineup, and probably their best one in years (exclusing Generations.)

Project Sonic... Eeehh? I don't want anymore grimdark edgy Sonic. I was digging the direction of Generations, Colors, and Lost World (setting and aesthetic-wise), I rather not go back to the dark days of 2000's Sonic.

7. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast was so friggin good.
    Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast wasn't as good as the first one, but still really good.

I played the crap out of those games. Thoroughly entertaining, and Sonic Adventure 2 was actually very difficult at the end, unlike SA1. I feel it's really odd how Sonic the Hedgehog has gained a huge cult following with people on the autism spectrum. Google image search: [your first name] the hedgehog. Prepare for the worst. But because I have so many good memories with Sonic games, I'd hate to let that turn me off of them.

The best side-scroller Sonic was when you put your Sonic 3 cartridge into the top of the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge and it becomes "Sonic 3 & Knuckles"

8. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

9. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Dear God, it's like Dashcon assumed it's final form :ugh:

10. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I watched the whole livestream in anticipation of an interesting announcement, not realising how long it was going to be, but I spent the entire time utterly bewildered. I've played all the Sonic games up until Sonic and the Secret Rings, and the games have never been good enough to warrant the kind of crowd response and enthusiasm they got.

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I think I've seen brony cons that were less cringe. :lol:

Also goddamn, Johnny Gioeli can't sing anymore. Dude killed it with ARP and Hardline, but seems to be struggling these days.

...Still excited as hell for Sonic Mania, though.

12. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Sonic Forces

13. Ralyks

Looks alright... still more excited for Mania.