New Schecter 2016 models and leaks (more explorer and superstratz)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

I agree about the soulfire looking cheap, they remind me of kraken guitars that used to be on ebay. They had some weird finish that looked similar. I do dig the pushed back volume placement though. That's always been a big selling point for me with schecter. Inline or behind the bridge and I am a happy man.

2. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

I m positive they will

3. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Just checked a basic stiletto custom shop and it's about 5K....not good when I'm trying to leave my job :lol:

Response was super quick though.

4. cardinal

cardinal SS.org Regular

With whom or how did you get a quote? I haven't had luck with responses.

5. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Problem is the Stiletto not being a USA Prod. model, so you must go Masterworks and get a (partially) handmade crafted instrument

6. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

Has anyone tried the Schecter AC-AAG or PA-AAG Akio Shimizu sigs? I want one of them so bad!

7. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Those are Japan only models, as Schecter JP is a different company from USA Schecter

8. Triple-J

Triple-J the Experimetalist

the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BcYQ0FvnJmu/?taken-by=drum_city_guitar_land_

Not 100% on that silvery finish and the name sounds like a Max Cavalera tribute band but the Soulfire has some interesting spec such as the pickups (never heard of Tesla actives before) plus the rear body & heel are contoured and if there's anything that's held me back from buying previous Schecter bolt on models it's their lack of contouring and ugly block heel.

9. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Literally just on their page dude!

http://www.schecterguitars.com/international/custom-shop/masterworks-web-form

It gives you an approximate down the bottom, I hit submit as I wanted to check Masterworks was the way to go, they got back within a day. Less than 24 hours I believe. I wouldn't just spam them with quotes tho, there is quite a handy approximate cost displayed for whatever you pick.

Yea I know, but it'd make an utterly crazy Tech Death guitar right? 7 string, floyd, Fluence.

Hate to break it to you but they've been contouring their bolt ons for a while now :lol: Check out the Banshee bolt ons, a lot of their C6,7,8 have contour bolts. A few more I believe, they only kept it on the damien and the demon.

10. hexfactor

hexfactor SS.org Regular

you would be better off contacting a custom shop dealer for a quote, they will give you a realistic quote on what you would spend rather than the retail price. Not sure who it would be in the UK

11. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

I contacted Schecter as I didn't know the UK dealer, they pointed me in the right direction as the only custom shop "dealer" we have is actually a distributer. Though I believe it's actually the one in my city!

They said in the email it would be an approximate and then pointing me to the dealer who would help get things settled, but overall were pretty helpful, I think having an rough price on their page is pretty good, so many companies it's just a total mystery.

Also build time is 4-6 months apparently which is super good for a Custom Shop like theirs.

12. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

If that's true, and they actually CAN nail a guitar under 6 months, then that's shockingly good. Feraledge's ESP custom, which waspretty barebones, took 14 months. Some guys here had Jacksons that took 2 - 3 years.

13. hexfactor

hexfactor SS.org Regular

keep in mind the sizes of custom shops, Schecter's is relatively large compared to many others. The staff they have currently is killer which gives them a big one up on everyone else.

14. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

They openly state they use CNC's which speeds things up (I know most companies do but Schecter seem to make it a pretty open fact I can only assume to show it speeds up and adds consistency), plus I don't think their custom shop is that busy. They obviously produce a good deal for dealers, but I don't see many people putting in custom orders for them.

But as Hex stated the team there are killer, they've been doing this since the beginning , I can't remember who their main builders are but I'm sure they've been around.

Probably gonna shoot the UK dealer a message ask for the most barebones thing around.

15. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

Keeping the tradition alive on behalf of @feraledge
    [​IMG]

Anquished and feraledge like this.
  16. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards? Contributor

Some caveats/clarifications to that, which I've picked up along the way. ESP has a general estimate of 6-8 months to build a guitar. What that means is, once you're through the queue, 6-8 months of build, plus, and I didn't want to believe this, when your guitar gets crated up and put on a shipping container to head over to ESP US before being divvied up to your dealer. At 14 months, from order in to guitar received, the build seemed to be dead on for that 6-8 months timeline. But with the queue and the exceptionally slow shipping, I got just about to 14 months. Other people here have gotten them in quicker turnaround times.
    From what I understand, both Schecter and ESP USA seem to have the whole process streamlined in the States. So there's effectively no or minimal queue and no extra delay in shipping, so I think both are 4-6 months, which is awesome. Even better because it seems like everything coming out of both shops is amazing.
    Also, if anyone is on the fence about Masterbuilt US Schecters, I had a 1997 USA Horizon Custom built by John Gaudesi, now a Schecter masterbuilder. It was absolutely flawless, completely on par with my MIJ ESP Custom Horizon. I was devastated to have to sell it and would buy it back if the situation arose. I would also not hesitate to go with a US Schecter at all. If John was building that good 20 years ago, I can't even imagine what it's like now.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  17. feraledge

The thread should probably get a title update. To be accurate, maybe something like: "Schecter since 2013: always experimenting, new prototypes daily"
    or
    "Schecter post-2013: How a baseball bat maker took the guitar industry by storm"

18. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Can only add to this, I don't know much about my custom shop, it's from axe Palace and has been passed round here a few times I believe.

But I can only describe it as next level. I've played good guitars, I've played good schecters. I played this against 3 mayones including a masturbuilt, and a JP 16. Again only way to describe it is next level its just above anything I've ever played. Enough of me gushing though, hopefully should have am estimate on a barebones stiletto soon.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  19. feraledge

2018 stuff is online. That fade SLS Elite ain't bad. 6 string version is $1250
    [​IMG]