New progressive black metal project.

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Heidner, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Heidner

Heidner SS.org Regular

Hi Guys.

Let me start off by saying that this is my first post on the SS forum. I've been sort of a creeper here and there:cool:, as discomforting as it may sound, stalking the pages for juicy threads, before i decided to make my own.

Anyways, i wanted to get the music out there, since it's still very much work in progress. Short description of how it all started. We're all a bunch of guys in our 20's who've been playing music since we were about 11 years old, but had our separate bands. As time goes by, a few of those bands that we'd known throughout the years eventually split up due to personal differences and ambitions. About 6 months ago i was contacted by the former guitarists of one of these bands and he was showing me all this atmospheric black metal, even though i wasn't really into it. Stuff such as Rotting Christ, Be'Lakor, Ghostbath.. You know 'em. As it grew on me i was eventually invited to be a part of his new project and he also started showing me something that he'd been cookin' up on his own and i ended up really liking it. Fast forward a couple of rehearsals and months and we ended up with the raw takes for one of the tracks for our coming EP set to come out in the month of may.

I wanted you guys to listen to it because i know that, as much as you're all jolly good sports, you're not afraid to give some constructive criticism.

I have not yet figured out a way to implement the URL within the code-setup, but here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywVGYLoRKYs&feature=youtu.be

Cheers!:shred:

cwhitey2 likes this.
  2. olejason

olejason SS.org Regular

Sounds really good man. I like the vocal samples towards the end. The bass also sounds nice. I think you do a good job of not letting things get too pop rock sounding which can be difficult in this genre.

3. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

Sounds good to me and welcome!

4. Heidner

Heidner SS.org Regular

Thank you guys so much for the kind words, and thank you for a warm welcome!

As mentioned, we expect our EP to "hit the streets" in May, then we'll have more to show you guys! :hbang:

5. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Me like :hbang:
    I felt the intro was a little dragged out and the drums on the clean part after that felt somewhat out of place, but otherwise I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more.

6. KingAenarion

KingAenarion Resident Studio Nerd

I enjoyed that. :yesway:

Moody and evil, just like you want it.

7. Heidner

Heidner SS.org Regular

An update follows. It's been 8 months, and a year and half's work is finally taking its' form. We are now happy to announce that we've released our 3-track EP on spotify, and the music video for the raw cuts linked in the first post can been seen on our facebook-page: https://www.facebook.com/morildcph/?ref=ts&fref=ts

We're hoping that you'll give this a listen and give some constructive criticism. A post also refers to the link for our EP on spotify, so you don't have to do the search yourself.

Last but not least, if you'd like to support us even more, you can order this EP on bandcamp at: https://morild.bandcamp.com/album/vi

Thanks in advance, and kind regards.

//Lasse