New Marshall Custom Shop tattoo JVM1!

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by WoodisWheretheMusicis, Dec 15, 2014.

1. WoodisWheretheMusicis

WoodisWheretheMusicis SS.org Regular

This Custom Shop Marshall is probably the best tonal foundation possible. It's a JVM 1 watt Custom Shop Vicki Morgan tattoo series head, with the tattooed Celestion C110 cabinet. It has everything you need to sculpt your tone, bass, middle, treble, with an added prescence knob which adds a beautifully energetic sparkle of brightness, and a resonance switch, adding a huge and powerful bass boost to your tone. It doesn't have many features, but not so little that you miss out on anything. I wouldn't mind built in review, but that's why we have pedals, isn't it? Apart from the actual features, the simple awesomeness of the tone blws my mind! I will say, if you don't dial in the settings well, it can sound average. But the same goes for any amp. Or anything with settings. The cleans have the capability of making an open G chord sound like the most amazing thing you've ever heard, with roaring dirties and versatile eq. The gain gets gainy, but not super-high. The amp leans towards a brighter sound, but can sound very full and thick with the resonance on, bass up, and mids down. Feel free to add a sparkle of treble if you have to, but not too much, this thing's bright. Overall, it sounds great, but you'll want some fx to make it extraordinary.
    Now, at only 1 watt, it would normally be deemed a practice amp, but beinga $2k, UK-built, Custom shop amp, it would probably be better described as a "pro practice amp", totally suitable for professional recording and other studio use. It looks amazing, the tattoo a work of art, the red and gold colour scheme very sexy, and the size much biger than my school's 30w Orange combos...
    My only complaint is the slightly dodgy head handle, a little bent at the side caps, and the connection of the sides and top of the cab having some excess material over the joint. No sound or function issues, though.
    It's an incredible tone monster, and as the Marshall custom shop claims, you can look as good as you sound :)

I'll post pictures up soon, maybe next post on this thread :) :shred:

2. itsallinmyh3ad

itsallinmyh3ad ...Made me do it.

3. narad

narad SS.org Regular

4. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Unhindered by Talent

5. narad

narad SS.org Regular

I believe it, but it kind of defeats the point about it being professional because it's pricey.

6. WoodisWheretheMusicis

Well, apart from being pricey, it's made by the bleachley custom shop in the UK.... and sounds amazing. Pics very soon!

7. WoodisWheretheMusicis

"It's a JVM 1 watt Custom Shop Vicki Morgan tattoo series head, with the tattooed Celestion C110 cabinet"

Literally copy-pasted. The link you sent was not only just the head, by itself without the cab, but also in UK currency. And dude, if a one watt amp is over 500 pounds just for the head, is it not expected to be pro quality?

And yes, we get screwed over for gear in Australia :)

8. WoodisWheretheMusicis

The cab is advertised at 289 pounds. So total of 858 pounds, converted to AUD is $1644. That's MAP not RRP, i paid $1639 for mine, with a $1999 retail.

9. TemjinStrife

TemjinStrife Power Metal Cellist

As the owner of a JVM1, they do sound pretty awesome, and do so at reasonable volumes.

However, I bought mine at a discount from their original issuing price. I don't think I'd have paid full $USD value for mine, and that was way less than this one.

10. WoodisWheretheMusicis

Which JVM1?

That's awesome, man!

11. TemjinStrife

TemjinStrife Power Metal Cellist

The bog-standard 50th-anniversary one?

[​IMG]

12. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

I love the revised head shells on that tattoo line but they are ridiculously overprice given they are the exact same amp as the anniversary JVM1H that you can still find new for less than $700 :2c:

13. WoodisWheretheMusicis

If i'm honest, the looks did indeed pay a huge chunk of this amp's "buy me" campaign. But it does sound great and is definately the best 1w amp i've ever seen.