New (home made) Pedal Day! [TC Pre clone]

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by mnemonic, Sep 27, 2017.

1. kylendm

kylendm Electrical Mercenary

This is cool man, could you make some clips with and without the pedal?

2. GoldDragon

GoldDragon SS.org Regular

This is something I might actually build.

3. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

I'll see if I can record something later on in the week, I'm busy now and will be away from home until probably Tuesday night

4. buriedoutback

buriedoutback SS.org Regular

so iirc from the fortin 33 pedal thread, do you think this diy pedal could compete with the 33? Could you theoretically fix the bass and treble values at the sweet-spot (that you'd determine based on your guitar/amp/etc) and have something comparable to the 33?

5. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

I hear that the 33 is the TC preamp with fixed treble and bass settings from people that know more than me, but until fredrik or Mike confirm / deny, or until someone opens one up and traces the circuit, we won't know for sure.

It's not complicated in what it does. A big clean volume boost (assuming you use a high voltage power supply) and a two-band baxandall (high and low shelf) eq. You can accomplish the same basic task with a parametric or graphic eq, so the 33 may well just be a Grind with the frequencies changed to match the TC, or to match Fredrik's preference.

But yes, I guess you could just replace the treble and bass controls with a fixed resistor set to the value you want. I think it gets that same aggression I hear in clips when I turn the bass all the way down and leave the treble flat (at noon).

6. buriedoutback

buriedoutback SS.org Regular

Very cool. Thanks man. Not that I want to take food out of mr Fortin's mouth here, or hijack your thread, but I really like what you've done.

mnemonic likes this.