New guy from Sweden!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Feckeroo, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Feckeroo

Feckeroo SS.org Regular

Hi! Just stumbled upon a piece of heaven on earth...or maybe I should say internet? :) I was searching for some info on my Ibanez Artwood 7 string acoustic and found a link to sevenstring.org...at first I just laughed. Most because of my own stupidity...it has never even crossed my mind that a place like this existed! And yep, I'm embarrased to admit that but it had to come out! ;)

Anyway, I'm a 34 year old full time musician from Sweden and I've been playing 7 - stringed guitars exclusivly since 1994. Back in '93 I was in a death metal band and a jazz band at the same time, tuning down my guitars for the metal, and up again for the jazz. And because of this my strings broke every other second as it seemed! So one day at the local guitar shop I found a Ibenez Universe (the black one with green pick ups) and got adjusted real fast to the feel of playing a 7 - string. About a year later I got a Universe Multicolour...remember that this was back in Kurt Cobains heyday and this was just about the most uncool guitar you could get but I loved it to death! These two were my fav guitars and got rid of the other ones I had used (some Ibanez RG's, 2 Strats and couple of more guitars I had collected through the years) and bought a massive amp instead. Once you go seven you nerver go back...well, that might not be entierly true, but that's the way it has been for me!

During the years I've ditched the Universes and these days I ve got 4 different RG 7's, one Ibanez Apex II and the beforementioned AW...and by the way, there's a little bastard called Aria STG in my collection, a piece of crap, but i got it for free! :) I make my living playing my guitar and still after almost 15 years working full time touring and recording people are still staring at my guitar all the time saying: "aren't guitars supposed to have 6 strings?"
    I usually just laugh and leave...;)

It's great to be here! Now I'll dig into the forums!

Take care!

/F

Shawn, hufschmid, Empryrean and 2 others like this.
  2. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

3. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

4. Empryrean

Empryrean Undecided forever

Hello and welcome sir!

5. Apophis

Apophis Banned

6. Gamba

Gamba Elite Troop

Welcome aboard :hungus: