New floyd rose arm/socket design

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by trem licking, May 16, 2018.

1. trem licking

trem licking SS.org Regular

anyone here try this yet?
    http://redbishop.jp/EN_MAGIK-ARM.html
    looks pretty promising to me. it appears to be a kind of copy of the edge zero bar from ibanez if i'm not mistaken. kind of steep at 48 bucks but if it is completely tight as they say, it may be worth it. doesn't hurt that it's made in japan, so more than likely it was engineered very well.

i've had trouble with the collar coming loose with a floyd rose designed socket, as well as huge slop in the arm socket, so i bought a schaller socket like most people recommend to do. while that did solve the collar coming loose, there is still a tiny bit of slop in the socket when i do wide vibrato. not something that is world ending, but both my Lo Trs trem and my lo pro edge have zero slop whatsoever, so it's kind of annoying.

anyways, it looks like this may be the final end all of official floyd arm designs if it does perform like they claim. i just wanted to make people aware of this and wondered if anyone has actually tried one yet

2. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

Looks like the assembly from a Gotoh Floyd Rose.

3. trem licking

trem licking SS.org Regular

I believe the gotoh has a small grub screw that you tighten for arm torque, and the bar screws in as well to set height and stability. The closest variant i can find to this is the edge zero