New Fear Factory tour and poster

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Rick, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD

Los Angeles, California: Fear Factory today confirms their first tour dates for 2012. Set to begin in San Antonio on May 1, the tour’s initial dates include stops in Dallas, Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore, and Denver among others. Joining Fear Factory for the tour is Boston’s Shadows Fall, Kansas City-based The Browning, Riverside, California’s The Devastated, and Legacy of Disorder from New Zealand. The tour will precede the release of Fear Factory’s new album titled The Industrialist.

Fear Factory recently announced the addition of bass player Matt DeVries. The Ohio native previously noted, “I have been asked to join one of my favorite bands. I have been a fan of Fear Factory since 1992 and I could not be more excited to be part of this incredible band.” Guitarist Dino Cazares and vocalist Burton C. Bell noted, “we are very excited to have Matt playing bass for Fear Factory. We feel he is a great addition to our touring line-up. He has been a friend for a very long time and he is a great musician who will be a perfect instrument in the FF machine.”

With rehearsals for the tour expected to start soon, the members of Fear Factory are finishing details on their forthcoming new album expected for release early summer. Greg Reely has now completed the album’s mix. All that remains is final artwork and packaging. Regarding the new material, Cazares and Bell affirm, “this album perfectly captures the true nature of Fear Factory. The industrial/metal blend is a strong return to our original concept for Fear Factory."

The Industrialist follows 2010’s critically acclaimed Mechanize. Blabbermouth said, “this is the album fans have been waiting for…a fiery and evolved rebirth of the band that changed metal in the ’90s.” Revolver Magazine called Mechanize, “one of the best albums of the band’s career. Its combination of new-wave melody, rapid-fire aggression, and electronic ambiance sounds as fresh today as Fear Factory did nearly 20 years ago. Call it the soul of their new machine.” Decibel Magazine noted, “Fear Factory are back and beyond intact.”

Confirmed dates as of press time are:
    May 1 – Backstage Live, San Antonio TX
    May 2 – Trees, Dallas TX
    May 3 – Scout Bar, Houston TX
    May 5 – State Theater, St. Petersburg FL
    May 6 – Culture Room, Ft. Lauderdale FL
    May 9 – Ziggy’s, Winston-Salem NC
    May 10 – Theater of Living Arts, Philadelphia PA
    May 11 – Wally’s Pub, Hampton Beach NH
    May 12 – Gramercy Theatre, New York NY
    May 13 – Sonar, Baltimore MD
    May 16 – The Crofoot Ballroom, Pontiac MI
    May 20 – Summit Music Hall, Denver CO

Very excited to see they'll be at Backstage Live in San Antonio, that place is freaking awesome. :metal:

EDIT: Just got the tour poster.

Attached Files:

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands WONDERFUL

No good metal bands ever come to Louisiana. :(

3. Zombie13

Zombie13 Guitartist

San Diego date??

I really hope can snag the opening spot for them in San Diego this time, they are promoting their new album "The Industrialist" we are San Diego's only Industrial band... :)

4. Sebastian

Sebastian Poland CEO / RHLC ©

Great news :)
    Texas dates = :yesway:

5. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD

Dates aren't finalized yet, hope you get that spot!

6. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 SS Contributor

This is great news! There is a Michigan date so I'm excited!

7. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD

Just received the poster, it's on the opening post.

8. Zombie13

Zombie13 Guitartist

So epic.

9. Jinogalpa

Jinogalpa ESP fanatic

whats up with Byron ?
    Fear Factory change members faster than Dino is chugging his riffs

10. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD

Byron left to go play with 3 Inches of Blood.

11. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD

The next press release just hit the interwebz.

"Candlelight Records today confirms June 5 as the North American release date for FEAR FACTORY's new album, The Industrialist. Produced by the band with Rhys Fulber (Front Line Assembly), the album was mixed by Greg Reely (Paradise Lost/Skinny Puppy/Machine Head). It features additional tracking by Logan Mader (Gojira/Divine Heresy/Five Finger Death Punch) and artwork by Anthony Clarkson (Devin Townsend).

The Industrialist is a conceptual album that brings to life a story scripted by vocalist Burton C. Bell. The album's lyrics detail the plot of the original narrative while delivering FEAR FACTORY's massive signature sound. Bell reveals, "the album is a futuristic tale of an automaton, striving to survive by fighting for its existence within a desperate world. The lyrics tell the story while the music takes our industrial roots and blends them more perfectly than ever with our metal edge. And all without losing the sound that makes FEAR FACTORY a machine of sonic devastation. FEAR FACTORY fans of any era will not be disappointed."

Clocking in at just under one hour, the album's ten songs again unite Bell with guitarist Dino Cazares. It is the second album written by the duo, reuniting in 2009 after a seven year split. Cazares says, "collaborating with Burton again on the new album was like magic. Everything just fell into place naturally. It felt good to recapture the true sound of FEAR FACTORY, taking it back to where it all started while raising it to new levels."

The Industrialist again pairs FEAR FACTORY with long-time friend Rhys Fulber. Their collaborations together include five albums and two remixes, including the certified gold album Obsolete. "Rhys has been our secret member," shares Cazares. "He is the one producer who has been able to understand what we have been trying to accomplish from the beginning and has opened our eyes to new things without sacrificing our original sound. His talents in production and keyboard/samples has made FEAR FACTORY stand out amongst the many bands of our genre."

The Industrialist follows the 2010 release of Mechanize. Widely regarded, the album was the first release from the band in six years and the first new material from the nucleus of Bell and Cazares since 2002. The album debuted on Billboard's Top 100 album chart week of release and continues to sell in early 2012. Sirus XM/Headbangers Ball's host Jose Mangin comments, “after Mechanize dominated 2010 as Liquid Metal’s Album Of The Year, North America is chompin’ at the bit to get an ear full of new FEAR FACTORY. I have no doubt that FEAR FACTORY are going to kick our collective asses in 2012."

Revolver editor Brandon Geist adds, "in the '90s, FEAR FACTORY's founding duo of Burton C. Bell and Dino Cazares changed the sound of metal, from the way that metal vocalists sing to the way that metal and electronic music can be fused together. With 2010's reunion album, Mechanize, their partnership proved to be as lethal as ever. Though 2012 promises plenty of massive heavy-music releases, there isn't a record that I'm looking forward to more than The Industrialist."

12. Wookieslayer

Wookieslayer OOOAAARWWWRR

Awesome! but no CA dates.. yet? :lol:

13. great_kthulu

great_kthulu SS.org Regular

not gona lie, i'm not a huge fear factory fan, but I get the feeling they come across great live. Also, I am very interested in hearing a concept album from them, somehow it makes sense to me.

14. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands WONDERFUL

Of course it does. Over half of their discography (not even including The Industrialist) are concept albums. :D

15. Sebastian

Sebastian Poland CEO / RHLC ©

Yeah June 5th !!!! :shred: :metal: :hbang:

oh wait.. it's 96 days :(

I guess I'll have to find something that'll keep me busy the next 3 months :playboy:

:yesway:

16. Chiba666

Chiba666 SS.org Regular

Must make sure I preorder that Puppy and give myslef the evening off to spin the album for a few hours.

17. linchpin

linchpin Specter

Man... with each day and piece of news that comes out is making me even more desperate for this... and no i don't wanna seek help!:woohoo:

18. Xarn

Xarn SS.org Regular

Can't wait for the new album.

All I know is you can't go wrong with Dino, Burton and Rhys collaborating on any album really. Let alone add Gene & Matt to that list.

STOKED!

19. Mazzy

Mazzy Banned

I'll probably be at the Winston Salem show. See ya there!

20. ShadowFactoryX

ShadowFactoryX OMNIHILITY

i like the return to form with the lyrics and story

but that is a god awful lineup for that tour.
    still hope they come to town though :D