New Custom Control Cavity Cover! (NC4D?)

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by darren, Sep 21, 2010.

1. darren

darren Decibel Guitars Forum MVP

My custom control cavity cover arrived yesterday from Dave at Frets On The Net. Once again, he comes through with stellar work. I'll be using him for all of my control cavity covers from now on.

Behold, the brushed anodized black aluminum goodness:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's attached with M3 x 6 mm stainless steel flat head cap screws, set into threaded anchors in the body.

This one is surface mounted with a slight bevel on the top side just because of the way i cut the cavity and where the jack meets it, but subsequent ones will be recessed and flush with the surface, and beveled slightly on the back side to take into account any finish thickness in the edge of the recess.

Dave was a pleasure to work with and offered up some great suggestions along the way.

2. thesimo

thesimo SS.org Regular

looks sweet :) I always thought pickups should be mounted with threaded anchors in the body too..

BTW, that guitar shape is crazy, every time i see it in your avatar i have to stop and look :)

3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Nice choice! That material is super cool.

4. upyardrat

upyardrat SS.org Regular

Where do you get the M3 x 6 mm stainless steel flat head cap screws from? Great idea...working on my own build.

5. bob123

bob123 Banned

I'll be "that guy" here... to be blunt, in the PICTURES it looks like plastic. Im sure it looks way better in person though, but I think a wooden cover would look even cooler. Thats merely my 2 cents, no hate/disrespect intended!!! I can see it in my head though, and thats very cool!