New BKP Ragnarok

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by chopeth, Sep 2, 2017.

1. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

hmm....kinda want a set for 229.

2. chopeth85

chopeth85 SS.org Regular

Found today

MerlinTKD and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  3. Frostbite

Frostbite Periphery Shill

Bareknuckle released a behind the scenes style video of the making of the pick up if anyone is interested

Edit:Around 14:50 Tim starts going over the different gauges of wire used and a few of the other things that go into making pick ups that gives them different sounds. Really interesting to listen to

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  4. chopeth85

chopeth85 SS.org Regular

Another one!

narad and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  5. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

found another (camera mic though)

KnightBrolaire and chopeth85 like this.
  6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

zimbloth from axe palace played the ragnaroks and said they're like the warpig but a bit tighter/more compressed.

7. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

They've sounded very much like the Warpigs to me so I'm not surprised to hear the same from someone else. That's pretty cool though, Warpigs were very unruly with the bass from what I've heard in clips and from owners. Probably won't be a pickup I get since the Warpigs were never close to being my kinda thing.

8. KnightBrolaire

I'm mildly intrigued by them but I don't think I'd like a more compressed version of the warpig either. The c-pig was compressed/tight (other than the bass) already imo.

9. crg123

crg123 SS.orgLocalArchitect

So I've seen a number of these for sale already on all my Facebook groups for gear swaps. Are people just disappointed because they weren't what they thought they were?

I know Misha said theyre not just a more tight and compressed c-pig, although that would have actually been my ideal pickup haha, but I'm curious about actual users experiences.

I'm currently in the market and deciding between the c-pig and this for my new RAN FT6. I really was excited about these but the turn around rate has kind of concerned me. Thanks!

10. katsumura78

katsumura78 SS.org Regular

I’ve proably seen the same few sets already for sale on the used market. I’m still gonna give them a chance because you’ll never know till it’s in your guitar running through your setup. I hated the alpha/omega set but the titans and juggernauts are great. Maybe I had them in the wrong guitar or didn’t dial them in correctly. One of the dudes selling a set of ragnaroks said if I like the Juggs I’ll love these so that’s all I needed to hear.

11. diagrammatiks

I wouldn't read too much into that. it's guitar gear. people will buy whatever and sell it the next day.

12. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

If that doesn’t say anything, then neither does keeping the gear.

13. diagrammatiks

I mean pretty much. I’ve sold and traded guitars I instantly regretted. I’ve got a stack of pickups at home I can’t be bothered to sell.

14. marcwormjim

My speculation is that this trend of immediate resale is moreso to do with the Nintendo Misha Seal of Approval being the sole selling point; as Tim offered no marketing as forthright/pragmatic as “It’s a more compressed Warpig; should there be any demand for that.”

I see it as being no different from the amount of Axe FX owners in this backwater who were disappointed to find more effort than none was required to get a “M1sha dj0nt” sound out of what is otherwise a product of astounding quality.

I’m sure the pickup will find an audience, but I take the immediate resales to mean that demoing it through thirty studio plugins didn’t serve to inform the most accurate expectations for the frothing, Misha-consuming demographic.

15. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

A lot of people bought them without knowing what a high output, compressed, agressive ceramic pickup sounds like, expecting they would sound like Juggernauts even though they are almost the complete opposite and were designed that way.

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  16. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

I'm toying with throwing a set of either Juggs or Ragnaroks in my JEM 77FP, understanding I will have drastically different tones. They'd be replacing a C-Bomb/PK combo that rips. My choices are narrowing down to what is out there in either Green or Pink bobbins, because that matters the most.

katsumura78 likes this.
  17. betoneworkshop

betoneworkshop Betone Cable Workshop

changed set

18. marcwormjim

What a mysterious post.

Alex79 likes this.
  19. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

They have to be pink for a FP. With how you spec'd your Duncans I'd say the Ragnaroks would suit you more than the Juggs, judging by the feedback i've read.

MAJ Meadows SF likes this.
  20. KnightBrolaire

Juggs do not scream unless you have a very heavy picking hand or a fuckton of gain. They also have a very distinct cocked wah kind of voicing and a bump in the low-mids. Great if you want to play periphery or other modern stuff in that vein but the weird wah voicing doesn't work that well for other stuff imo. I've got a set of rags ordered so I'll let you know how they turn out.