New BF3 multiplay trailer!! With jets and armor!!

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by BlackMesa, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Qweklain

Qweklain SS.org Regular

There is a trophy/achievement to kill someone with a Skid Loader. That T/A is part of the Back to Karkand achievements. I think the only level with the Skid Loader is Wake island and it has to be Conquest, I think that is how I got it.

2. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Irregular

God I love trolling campers! :D I just got a guy camping the US base on Firestorm, shocked him with the defibs and he went flying down the hill and then I sent him a message saying "sorry bro I was trying to revive you" :lol:

3. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep SS.org Regular

Full double-xp week for premium members, starting tomorrow! :D

4. GazPots

GazPots Is A Complete Idiot.

Finally finished the campaign of this game and came to the conclusion that i fucking hate the interactive cut scenes and crashes that result in your character stumbling about unable to see or shoot.

Happens A LOT in this game (COD too).

[/rant]

5. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

finally broke down and got premium. haven't actually ventured head on into the new weapons at all (i've been cleaning up with the PP-2000 as of late) but im digging the speed of conquest domination on CQ maps. absolutely the kick this game needed from growing monotonous.

has anyone had a problem being "admin killed" during a game? its happened to me twice.. usually when im doing ok, last time it happened the admin killed me twice before i saw a single enemy. is there a way to report this?

6. Cyntex

Cyntex love & peace!

It happened to me before quite a few times, but only when I killed the admin, some people are really sore losers and abuse their privileges. Most of the time if they don't want you on their server you'll just get a kick. I don't think there's a way to report it though.

7. Black_Sheep

^ Agree. And sometimes there's some long list of stupid rules for a server, like "play fair! no shotguns, camping, snipers, no SMAW, RPG, team kill, or spawn kill" ...and then eventually you will get kicked out and you have no idea what you did wrong. This happened to me, and i sent message to the admin, he replied saying that i spawn killed him right when he was about to spawn next to his friend. So if an enemy spawns righ in front of you, that's spawn killing? Well technically yes, but... :lol:

8. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

yeah that is a stupid interpretation of that rule lol

9. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

So is premium worth getting? I have just started playing again and I am really enjoying it (makes me wonder why I ever stopped).

10. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

if you plan on playing the DLCs (which are very much worth it) then Premium is probably the way to go, as all current and future DLCs come included, on top of other exclusive stuff.

11. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

My wallet is cracking the sads but it looks like my weekends just got more exciting :yesway:

12. Pav

Pav ???

Haha, I hate servers with endless stupid rules to cater to their own clan or whatever. If I join a server and can't even read all of their rules before the ticker disappears, probably better to just leave.

"WELCOME! No camping! No teamkilling! No spawnkilling! No sniping! No rockets/M320! No mortar! No shotguns! No frag rounds! No killing of anyone in our clan! No air vehicles for anyone but our clan! No baserape! You can and will be kicked at any moment to make room for our clan! No profanity! No insulting clan members! No killing clan members! No taking of the objectives! Otherwise HAVE FUN and add us to your favorites!"

Um...right. :rolleyes:

13. Ryan-ZenGtr-

Ryan-ZenGtr- SS.org Regular

@Mexi

You misunderstood the point of my post (page 18), but thanks for reading and replying anyway. I was curious to see any reactions.

Point was; aiming to sell products to 12 (rated mature) customers playing on a console released some time ago (i.e. Xbox 360 2005)... It's not a good enough product for adults, basically because of marketing strategies. It could have been different... :noplease:

You're right about COD, though. The only original thing in the game was their marketing strategy of aiming at the early teen market, when games depicting "realistic" :)rofl:) violence were seen previously as adult only. Serious legal proceedings were taken by film, television, cinema and gaming national censors to protect children from this:

and this:

^:rofl:

Seems a little early to decide whether it's worth it, considering only one original DLC has been released so far. Wouldn't it be more sensible to wait until september or even later in the year when products are available for review to decide whether recommending that others spend money on non-existant goods is a good idea?

@Pav

Pretty accurate asessment. :rofl:

It's mostly a console crowd here, with different expectations than myself. Having played the earlier games and seeing the differences etc. etc.

No one has the patience for nostalgia so I'll just leave some helpful links for console and PC gamers and leave it at that.

Detailed weapon stats and helpful forum for competitive gaming.
    Symthic | Advanced BF3 / MW3 Stats and Charts

Better Battlelog - 3rd party app improving battlelog and integration with BF3Stats.com.
    Download Better Battlelog Addon

FXAA graphics filter for PC. Improve the colour palette with this widely known and highly configurable post processing replacer.

EA forum thread: FXAA including downloads

Better sharper custom FXAA injector! - Electronic Arts UK Community

Example video

ioBit GameBooster - shuts down background services and more improving performance for demanding tasks, including music.

Game Booster 3 Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance

Tired of BF3 all together? On PC, try this free game based on Crysis wars multiplayer free trial.

Casus Belli, a modification for Crysis Wars

If you do have time for nostalgia, try this link and look at just how much more you got in a game from June 2005.

Portal:BF2 - Battlefield Wiki - Battlefield 3, Bad Company 2, Weapons, Levels, Maps, Characters and more!

GG. C ya! :wavey:

14. leandroab

leandroab Stay Negativeā„¢

So I still can't play this game. It starts hanging randomly and I get "kicked from the server".

Bullshit.

15. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

@ Ryan, I didn't specifically cite your post in mine, so it wasn't an actual response to you in particular, just a comment on those who seem to think that CQ maps are ripping off COD when maps like these predate the first modern warfare. actually 2 DLCs have already come out, even though you might not qualify Back to Karkand as "new"; in its current form and for lots of people who are new to Battlefield, it is. Also, if you enjoy the game to this point and have enjoyed these 2 DLCs, you'd have no problem paying for future content ahead of time.
    you pay for content that hasn't come out when you play a subscription-based game and there is ZERO guarantee that it will be any good or have longevity, but that seems to be the model that a lot of companies are using now, in addition to microtransaction stuff. going back to my comment about the "worth" of Premium, it's worth it in the sense that each DLC individually costs you $15, at 5 DLCs planned, that would come out to $75 if you bought them each. Premium is a flat $50 for all of the maps, in addition to the skins/guns/queue priority and other stuff that comes over time. I've spent $50 for far less content in games, so I think it's good value but to each his own:shrug:.

16. Stealth7

I was just playing a game and was 1st with a shitload of points and then the server timed out... FUUUUUU! :mad: :wallbash:

17. Black_Sheep

I know exactly how you feel. Happened to me sometimes too. EA online fails or im kicked out for whatever reason, maybe for being too good? dunno :D

But at least you can keep all the unlocks you've gathered :)

18. Stealth7

I actually got a service star for the M4A1 in that game and it didn't register that I got it :rant: :lol:

19. Stealth7

Snow map = DO WANT! :D

20. Qweklain

Qweklain SS.org Regular

I have always love snow maps in any shooter. On paper this DLC sounds interesting, but something tells me it is going to turn into a nightmare. Kind of how the CQB sounded cool, but playing it is just a constant box of WTF.