Nergal VS Christians!!!! (Pro-Nergal)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Riffer, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riffer

Riffer PRS SE Inspector

2. Cheesebuiscut

Cheesebuiscut Loves his Q-tuners

They should just stick to america.

3. ivancic1al

ivancic1al Probrem?

man that's ridiculous....i'm catholic, granted, a very liberal catholic, and sometimes, i just shake my head and ask, wtf are you guys doing? every time they try and sue/imprison someone for what in this country would be freedom of speech, i just get pissed off and somewhat embarrassed to be affiliated with the church. good luck nergal!

4. vampiregenocide

vampiregenocide A Chap Called Ross

On one hand I think doing something that may be considered offensive as a figure of admiration by some people, is a foolish thing, however I also advocate freedom of speech and it would be a shame to see his musical career stalled by a jail sentence.

Then, he did break the law which however way you spin it, is breaking the law. I guess I'm sorta half and half.

5. Evil7

Evil7 LowCrushingMetal

wow 2 years for ripping some fucking paper!!!
    no wonder the pope hides behind thick bullett proof glass...

I mean.... fuck ..... isnt it the most printed book in existance?
    Im sure there's a back up somewhere...:nuts::metal::lol:

Adam likes this.
  6. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

OK this is in Poland. I thought this was in America and was about to freak the fuck out.

7. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis WWSD?

Hope Nergal stays out of trouble.

8. Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus SS.org Regular

Racist Laws FTMFL :noplease:

9. davidian29

davidian29 duh-dum

I'm a christian(though, "free-form") and as Nergal himself stated, it is part of his artistic license. The majority may not be happy with it but at the end of the day he's a very well educated grown man expressing his thoughts through the medium hes chosen. The fact that this is 3 years after said incident is also ridiculous, and I believe it's probably to try and make an example of him for the growing numbers of similar bands in Poland and the surrounding areas.

With that said, I'm a huge Nergal fan. He's said before that what he truly hates is organized religion not really the idea of the religion. He uses satan as a metaphor for rebelling against organized religion as he did God.

Sorry if this was a little preachy which would be funny considering the topic :lol: Anyway, good luck to him!:hbang:

10. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

It's just a book. I don't care if you rip up my favourite book, because it's a goddamn BOOK. Nothing in it is proven, the stories are far more barbaric and amoral than ANYTHING Nergal could EVER do, and...did I mention it's JUST A BOOK? This is moronic, it shouldn't even be news.

11. lucasreis

lucasreis ERG Ambassador

I'm roman catholic but I think it's FUCKING RIDICULOUS to arrest someone for ripping a bible. This sucks, really. :noway:

12. SerratedSkies

SerratedSkies SS.org Regular

Let's treat this situation really hood-like and airbrush "Free Nergal" on a long ass white T. Maybe even film one of those music videos that comes after the real music video. DMX did it one time, it was hard.

Seriously, I'm a huge Behemoth fan, and have been for years. Part of the reason I love them so much is because they were never stuck on being entirely anit-christian (entirely is a tough word... maybe they're 80% anti-christian, 20% story tellers) but they never bitched out. Every time I see Nergal rip up a bible live, I get goosebumps. Freedom of speach son, fuck the haters.

13. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD

I'm with Ross on this one.

14. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. scottro202

scottro202 I'm walkin' here!!!

As a more-or-less Christian, I feel that's ridiculous. Not the ripping of the Bible, I really couldn't care less about that, but the fact he gets 2 years in jail for that.

On the other hand, it is apparently the law there, so I guess my problem is more with the law itself that says you can go to jail for ripping a bible moreso than anything.

16. Hollowman

Hollowman SS.org Regular

Who cares, it's a BOOK nobody cares when they ban books or when the religious sects do book burnings, so why give him 2 years in jail.none of the mentioned have had to serve time.

17. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoils = tr00

Ridiculous. These politics belong in the middle ages. I could possibly understand this if he was insulting/discriminating against a minority. For example, saying we should destroy all homosexuals or jews or whatever, that is a criminal offense in Sweden. However, opposing the majority and being charged for it, that's not ok. That's Soviet thinking right there.

18. ry_z

ry_z Ikebana Noise Club

This. Regardless of what anyone may think of its content, the Bible is a book. A book of which an estimated 2.5 to 6 billion copies have been printed. It's made of wood, for fuck's sake. :lol:

19. vampiregenocide

vampiregenocide A Chap Called Ross

It's still a book that means a lot to a lot of people. He was being offensive and broke the law. Granted, their sentence is heavy, but he is still in the wrong in my opinion. Theres enough tension in this world between races and religions without people making it worse.

20. Evil7

Evil7 LowCrushingMetal

Organized religion created most of the tension/war/death in this world.
    Someone ripping up a book harms :idea: noone.
    edit... Religion is a cult where people feed off eachother and judge others by what their religion views as right and wrong. This leads to a "gang" metality of attacking others for not being in the gang and following the gangs rules...

rectifryer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.