Need some ears!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Heyitstahtoneguy, May 12, 2012.

1. Heyitstahtoneguy

Heyitstahtoneguy In the Void

I havent really recorded vocals before, so here is the first product. Please leave me some feedback, anything that can make it sound better. I would very much appreciate it!

SG2012Vokills by Dislodged From Time on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I used a AKG perception 120 condensor mic, with pop filter. running into a line 6 ux2 interface. Effects used where compressor, reverb, ping pong, and eqing, low pass, cut some mids boosted around the 2.4k mark.

2. Connor

Connor Guy

They sound a bit uneven, lows dont stand out at all, highs are much louder, then both combined they're overpowering everything.
    Are you using the same eq/comp for each? What are your compressor settings?

3. DespoticOrder

DespoticOrder Slave Driver

Yeah, I would reverb out those highs, add a little air and try to bury them a little. You can really dig highs into a mix, and they'll still cut through super hard. I think the lows sounded pretty alright though. Are they centered? They'd get a little more presence if you pan them like 5-10% in either direction. You'd just have to move em around there and dick with it until they clear up. :hbang: