Need a source on some pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by broj15, Mar 5, 2016.

1. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

So my bass player got a good deal on a fender blacktop jaguar and brought it to practice tonight. I decided to use it instead of my RG to see how it sounded through my rig, and while I didn't really jive with how it played (clear coat on the back of the neck, not wizard shaped, short scale, TOM, etc) I loved the way it sounded. The lows were punchy and defined, but still thick, plenty of bite, and good note definition in the high strings (crucial for big chords). According to my research it uses "fender vintage hot alnico humbucks" , but I can't find any info on eq profile or output level. If anyone can suggest a source to get a hold of these same pickups or a good alternative made by another company it would be much appreciated

2. Floppystrings

Floppystrings No like the floppy

I found two for sale:

https://reverb.com/item/1613379-fen...cy=USD&pla=1&gclid=CJTpzN-9q8sCFVBZhgodHKAAnw

https://reverb.com/item/879496-fender-jazzmaster-blacktop-humbucking-bridge-pickup

"Materials and Methods:

Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH with Hot Vintage Alnico Humbucking Pickups
    Fender Wayne's World 2 Stratocaster with Custom Shop Fat 50s Pickups installed aftermarket
    Spectraflex Braided Series Pedal Cable, Dual Straight Plugs, 12 Inch, Violet
    GE Digital Multimeter GE2524

Multimeter set to 20K Ohms, red to tip, black to sleeve.
    Volumes and tones all at 10.
    The reason the Strat is here is to make sure this isn't all nonsense, because the Custom Shop Fat 50s numbers have been reported on the Fender website.

Results:
    DC Resistance measured in thousands of Ohms (k?)

Jaguar:
    Neck 12.38
    Neck + Bridge 6.36
    Bridge 12.7 ***********

Stratocaster:
    Neck 6.10
    Neck + Middle 3.14
    Middle 6.21
    Middle + Bridge 3.22
    Bridge 6.34

Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s official numbers reported on Fender Website:
    Neck 6.0
    Middle 6.3
    Bridge 6.2

Conclusions:
    This method works as it gets numbers very close to the official numbers and probably accurate for these particular pickups.

The Fender Hot Vintage Alnico Humbucking Pickups are indeed hot."

3. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

Thanks man! much appreciated.